Sign in to follow this  
Guest FS_freak

ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128 MB

Does anyone use this video card with FS2002, or has anyone heard of any problems with this specific card or anything about it at all.

Guest gremel

Do you mean the Radeon ATI 9700 Pro ?? Never heard of a ATI 9000 Video card.Regards,

Yep, i got it. It works fine. I also had a 9700, but it was a piece of crap so i returned it for a Geforce 4600ti. The 9000 is working wonderfully though.Jay

I've used it for about 6 weeks now. Price was right, performance is good and it drives two monitors to boot !!!JimBob

The 9700 Pro is the best for about $350. About twice the performance of the Ti4600 with AA & AF in use. The 9500 Pro would be my second choice. Very good performance for $199 retail. My last choice would be a 9000 as they're for laptops and not very powerful. Or if you have top of the line equipment, you might want to wait for the NV30 but they'll be quite expensive.

Guest Sabadin

Yep..the regular 9000 and the 9000 Mobility

My mother always told me "do the research or shut-up!" I'll be in the corner if anyone wants me ......JimBob

And here I thought all the 9000 ATIs were the same card. Wonder why they didn't change the number?

Guest FS_freak

Hey guys, I am also "a simmer on a budget" (aren't we all?) and am looking for a card to replace my Voodoo 3500 on an Athlon 650Mhz 256MB RAM system, Asus K7 mobo. I've done some research on ebay and this is what I have found. Radeon 9000 128MB cards run from $70.00 to $90.00, more or less the same as a 128MB GF3 TI 200. A Radeon 7000 64MB card costs anywhere between $30.00 to $50.00, similar to a GF4 MX 420/440 64MB card.Now my questions: If you had $80.00 would you buy the Radeon9000 or the GF3Ti card? And if you only had $40.00 would you go for the Radeon7000 or the GF4MX card? Is 128MB really worth paying twice the price of the 64MB cards as far as MSFS is concerned, in view of my system specs?ThanksMauricio

Guest Sabadin

My suggestion in your case would be to look for a 64MB Radeon 9000 or 8500LE, should be better then the GF3Ti200 and the GF4MX.

I'd suggest the Ti card and not the MX. The MX cards are not really suitable for gaming. They tend to lack the needed power. Your decision may already have been made; however, in that you're gonna want to check your power supply. I suspect it won't be sufficient for any card requiring at least a 300 watt Power Supply. The newer Radeons and GF4 cards require lots of power. If you have a store bought computer, you may not be able to upgrade the Power Supply. They tend to be proprietary. That's a problem I run into with my old Dell. It had a 220 PS and there was no changing it without having to buy a new Case and Mobo. Better off just buying a whole new rig.

Guest FS_freak

Thanks guys,I guess if a 64MB Radeon9000 is better than the 128MB GF3Ti card, then the 128MB Radeon 9000 should blast the equally priced GF3Ti out of the sky. I'll go for the ATI. I built my system on an ATX tower with what I think is a 300 watt supply since I was told that Athlon processors need this much power to run. Will verify before getting the card though.Cheers,Mauricio