Sign in to follow this  
Guest acuba

2x questions, plese help

Guest acuba

First of all, big thanXX for this wunderful addon to developers! It is great done! I have 2 questions to You:1. If i want to use AS on my Notebook. It has: P4m with 2,0 GhZ, 1GB RAM, Nvidia G-ForceFX graphic with only 64MB own memory.Plese give me advance, which options could be important for best performance? For a moment it is problem with FPS sometimes...2. I love to fly with PT Tu-154.This aicraft has Autothrottle, but actually it is used mostly just for approach.In System Manual is prohibited to use during the cruise. Off course it is not real life and i can always use it, but there is a following problem: during big weatherchange from AS it can happend that speed runs from 0,83 to 0,89 or back to 0,76 MACH, which is i think unreal.If it happend with default airplane with Autothrottle switched-on, no problem, but with Tupolev, there Thrust is manually addjusted, it is big problem.Which options can improove more soft weather/wind changes?best regardsDmitri

Hi Dmitri,Welcome to AS!1) Well, that system isn't going to run FS2004 very well because of the graphics solution. Clouds require lots of graphics power and your system just doesn't have it unfortunately. With that said, you can reduce your maximum cloud layers in ASVE options to 2 or 3 and disable overcast enhancement, and reduce sight distance and cloud draw distance to minimum (fs options). This will help quite a bit at the expense of weather density.2) Wind is smoothed via FSUIPC and ASVE by default at 5deg or knots per second. This should not dramatically change your flight profile in most circumstances, but some aircraft are more sensitive than others. If you would like additional smoothing, FSUIPC registered supports this, and you can change the deg/kts per second value. Please see http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html for more info...Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest acuba

Damian, thanXX for quick reply! just 3 more questions:1.What should be best options for my system: 256 or 128 or 64MB Texture?2.Should i enable mips and DTX?3.What about VAS? How much perfomance it cost?maybe you can make a screenshots with best options for my system?best regardsDmitri