Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Weird problem with network

I changed IDE controller to both in the BIOS of the old P2 so that the CDROM would show up again, I then booted up windows and my display driver has been erased, and the network connection and internet do not work. The router is showing a signal from the PC. I connect on a home network of 2 PCs sharing a DSL connection. The other PC works fine, except it obviously can't "talk" to the other PC over the network. I really need to get the internet and networking issues fixed, and then once that's fixed I can download a new driver.Thanks a lot for any help

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Was the CDROM on the secondary IDE bus? If so, is it set to Master? I don't quite know why enabling this bus would cause all the other problems. Look in Device Manager for any contentions over IRQs, "!", "?", or "X" by any of the peripherals. If so, try deleting the peripherals, reboot and see if Windows will find drivers or ask you to insert a disk/CD with the drivers.I assume your graphics adapter reverted back to Standard VGA when you booted windows. If so, use Windows Add/Remove Programs to delete any previous graphics adapter drivers listed. Visit http://www.guru3d.com/ or other areas to get the drivers for your card. Use any utilites from guru3d that will help in removing remnents of the drivers, if necessary. Reinstall the drivers for your card, reboot, and see if you can get the proper settings for the card.If and when you get your NIC reinstalled, you need to check the Network Neighborhood setting by right clicking the icon, selecting properties.