Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pepe1

Difference between AS wxRE & ASV6

Guest Pepe1

Hi all,About a week after I ordered activesky wxRE, Activesky Version 6 came out. Can someone tell me what the biggest differences are between the two?Thanxs.Cheers,Pierre.

Hi Pierre,Please contact us at support@hifisim.com at your convenience... Please include your purchase information (ordered from, order #, etc.).Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I'd like to know the difference myself between AS2004 and ASV6 (apart from the cloud textures).I'm a happy user of AS2004 (and WxRE before that), but wondering what I'd gain from buying ASV6 except a warm fuzzy feeling of giving you another nice meal and some beers ;)

Hi,LOL.Well basically ASv6 is the latest version, incorporating all the features of prior versions (ASwxRE, AS2004, ASV) and adding quite a few more, as well as further refinement/fine tuning of the wx engine for the best experience.Some of those new features include:- Vertical air simulation (updrafts, downdrafts, thermals, etc.) with frequency and strength control- New turbulence effects and frequency control- New Wx Finder interface- About a dozen or more new options and usability features- Increased winds aloft resolution- 2 servers with automatic switching for increased download stability- New virtual stations (over 500) added to FS9 wx station database for better rural/oceanic depiction and transitions- Improved high-altitude wx depiction realism- Wx Configurator interface to easily set custom wx- Offline sequential playback mode for hour-by-hour playbackCheck out http://sales.hifisim.com/ASv6 for some more info. I am sure I'm forgetting quite a few important improvements!Of course the biggest addition is ASGraphics, which has a nice interface and some magnificent cloud textures but also many other textures including sky color, haze, rain, snow, moon, sun, runway lights, etc... All the cloud graphics and a majority of all other graphics have been re-designed and are much higher quality - this is not just an upgrade for ASV/AE. The included Wx-Influenced themes can use ASv6 wx data to influence automatic selection of textures in many categories. Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies