Simple one, this one but one which I can't find an answer for - though i suspect I've missed it rather than there not being one.Anyway, what setting do I use for FS9 "selected Weather" in create a flight? I've got Activesky running, destination selected. I go into FS9 to create a flight from that destination, but what do I select for weather. I want realworld weather from Activesky. Does it overwrite any weather theme I select in FS9, or do I have to set it to realworld weather (though doesn't thet mean it still uses Jeppesen)?Sorry if the answer is already there, or I'm just being plain dumb.

1. Run AS6.2.Run FS9 and position yourself wherever. Don't touch the weather. Actually, it be better to save your initial flight with clear skies.3. After you press Fly now, it takes less than a minute for AS6 to load its weather into FS9. Simple. Eytan

Thanks for that. I've been finding it a great prog, once I get it up and running. It does seem slow on my machine, though - or rather, it's the amount of time it takes to download its weather data and write it. Also, my major gripe is that most oftenn the weather changes a little after takoff. It "snaps", I believe the term is. I understand some of how to configure this out, but the trouble is I'm doing a rolling glider start 6000 ft up off a mountain, so assume it will screw with some of the anti-snapping settings.If I just use the F9 online weather function, everything is smooth and non-snapping. I know this kind of defeats the object, but one of the main reasons I got AS was for thermals, which peculiarly, I seem to get even if I use the F9 real world weather.I'll play around with it more and see what I get.

Hi,Your weather should not "snap" under normal set up. Please post your ASv6.ini file and we'll take a look!Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Actually, I have a feeling it might just be me being impatient and starting to fly before the weather is loaded. Can you tell me how long it should take from the start up of a chosen flight for the weather to load?Also, how long should it take for Activesky to download the weather and write all its files in the first place. That seems to take the most time of all.again, many thanks.

Hi,If you are experiencing very slow processing and write times you should try B379 at the top of this forum and to disable the throttling options.In general up to 5 minutes for all weather to appear, depending on your system of course!Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Thanks for that. That's probably about what I'm getting.My real problem, I think, is that I'm doing quite short filghts (gliding), with difficult landings (usually crashing).Of course, when I start a new flight, the whole A.S. write process starts again, and I find myself waiting around to get going again. I'm guessing that's just because I'm using rolling online weather. I find however, if I save flight with the downloaded weather, if I crash and then reload the flight the weather dissapears and I'm back to blank skies until the write process in A.S. finishes. Can I get it so that I download the weather once and have it fixed in F9 so that whenever I reload a flight it's just there?I'd look at the options but I'm away from my home PC so can;t try anything out.

Hi,When you save a flight in FS04, the current weather is also saved in a second file. I don't know how far that file reaches though.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter