Sign in to follow this  
Guest Enzo71

Strange cutted clouds...

Guest Enzo71

Hello!Since I have installed AS, my clouds sometimes seem to be cutted (see the picture).Any hints?Enzo

I've tried a few things with new hard drive in same system wasn't easy with no external hard drive to transfer big stuff I basically am in the process of just renewing my license and possibly just upgrading system when vista is here and get ready for FSX. As far as activesky goes I haven't flown much because of work and stuff but I just downloaded B503 I will try updating tonight, the last update worked fine for me it actually updated, if you recall my system wasn't updating anything via the service updates.Anyway knock on wood I'll try it out tonight hopefully get up and running with fs9, I miss it. As far as the other drive I guess it's a good backup for the next system and FSX.Not a total loss.Thanks for reading.

Guest Enzo71

Hello Jim,-drivers are updated-limiting my cloud draw to 30 will let disappear the cloud in question, but that does not seem to be a solution for me...Any more ideas?Cheers,Enzo

Hi Enzo,OK, that was just a starting point. Now move that cloud draw distance up until the cutting returns. I think what is happening is that you are seeing clouds that are in the un-detailed distance and as you get closer they fill in. Does that describe your experiences?I didn't notice, but do you have your FPS locked to a reasonable number? Give that a try also.Also, are 3D clouds at 100% in FS04? Check on that value as another idea.Please let us know,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Hi Enzo seeing I had this problem before and hard to get rid of without checking a few settings you may want to lower your visibility settings in activesky to say 30 may seem low when in flight but is actually realistic when flying low and when on the ground, this will limit visibility to where those clouds are drawing in. It feels like a painter is drawing them when you move left or right!Joe

Guest Enzo71

Hello Jim,The 3D clouds were at 60%. Changing to 100% has solved the problem.Thank you very much for the support!Cheers

Guest Enzo71

Thanks Joe for your hints!I am not flying fighter planes, so sometimes when I do succeed to lift off I do fly high. Clouds limited to 30 miles would not satisfy at all my taste! :)Anyhow, as written above, problem has been solved.Thanks!

Guest kkholidaze

Hello. I'm having the same issue, but worst. Not only are my clouds cutted, but they blink in the distance. I tried all the settings you guys recommended. Please help