Sign in to follow this  
FAC257

Importing FSX Flight Plans Anomoly

So I don't have to re-type this all over again here's a cut and paste of a bit I wrote in another unrelated thread. Thought we might need to bring it over here....>>>>> I've been flying during these last two days on the same long distance multi-legged FSX flight plan file. I just noticed yesterday afternoon that although the flight plan route shows up correctly on the map view the airport codes are listed on the wrong airports. Under the map options if I bring up "Airports" the airports are shown correctly on the map. If I deactivate "Airports " and bring up the "Route" option, the path is correct but some of the airports are then listed at the wrong locations. If I activate both the "Route" and "Airport" there are then some airports with two different airport codes in the same location.I didn't notice this anomoly at all during the first day of flying while checking out ASX/XG, so the first thought train I'm looking at now is that maybe a corruption of some sort happened when I started the exisitng flight back up on day two and reloaded everything including re-importing the flight plan back into ASX ???????Another thought.....With the new capabilities in the FSX flight planner, I use alot of non-navaid and non-airport routing waypoint locations in my flight plans. I'm wondering if these "un-official" route entries are throwing the ASX import function off somehow. <<<<

Hi Jim Here you go.I've got the images numbered and the shots for each flight were taken with the aircraft sitting at the same location during each flight.Images #1 & #2 are from one flight and #3 & #4 are from the other flight.Comparing Images 1 & 2: Airports RPVQ, RP15, RPVE, RPVH and RPVH are in entirely different locations. All waypoints and airports after RPSM(ASX) which is the equivilant to RPVJ(FSX) are missing.Comparing Images #3 & #4The only airports that are located in the same places between the two shots are RPMO and RPMI.Hope there' some clues here for you.ThanksFAC

Just realized also that in Image #1 RPSM is the northern most airport o the plan and in Image#2 it's the southern most airport on the plan.FAC

Good morning on this end,Thanks for the file. I Installed it as per your instruction and fired up ASX and FSX. Unfortunantly I had exactly the same results.But I did try a slight adjustment that zeroed in a little bit more on the culprit.Using the file you sent I loaded up the flight plan that ends at RPVM. This resulted in the same situation where the airports are located correctly when comparing the ASX map with just the "Airports" active and the default FSX planner map. The anomoly occurs when I bring up the ASX "Airports" and "Route" info at the same time. Then it shows the correct "Airport" locations along with the incorrect "Route" generated airport locations at the same spots.I've included a pic of this which I forgot to include with the other pics yesterday. Along with the bi-coding of airports, legs of the flight are missing even though the route leg is between two airports without non-conventional WPs in the leg.I cured the problem with this flight plan by editing the original flight plan removing all of the non-navaid and non-airport WPs. With that done both the ASX & FSX planner maps, text flight plans and the ASX "Airport" and "Route" options show exactly the same thing. So it appears that the inclusion of non-conventional WPs in an FSX flight plan when imported into ASX causes the ASX routing system to become confused. This results in the "Route" and "Airport" options showing different airport codes at the same location and missing flight legs. Now with a question about that file you posted. Is that a file that was missing from my ASX install or just an idea you had. Should I keep it in there? And by the way I forgot to say thanks for the work you guys did in coming up with ASX/XG. It's easily my favorite made for FSX product I've purchased so far. Thanks again.!FAC