Sign in to follow this  
Brent

Activesky bundle and TIR4 problems

I have managed to get Activesky and Xgraphics running properly after following the advice to delete the simconnect directories, uninstall SP1 and then reinstall.Unfortunately now when I'm ready to give this new software a whirl in FSX my TIR4 has stopped being recognized when FSX starts up. I have seen some posts about changing the IP address in the simconnect.xml but I'm feeling like the dumb kid in the slow row.Could someone please help me out with some basic instructions on how I might try to fix this (what file to edit, where to find it, etc.)? Thanks,Brent

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi Brentsimconnect.xml - should be on the server in the "documents and settingsYOUR USERNAMEapplication datamicrosoftfsx" folder<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalseFalseIPv4global

SERVERNAME or SERVER IP ADDRESS
64PORT NUMBER YOU ARE OPENING FOR SIMCONNECT (MS Recommends Port 500)4096FalseFalseautolocal
644096FalseThe local section must be in the simconnect.xml if any other applications are using simconnect on the server - such as TIR4Hope this helpsThanksCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

CarlI cannot find a simconnect.xml file in the "documents and settingsYOUR USERNAMEapplication datamicrosoftfsx" folder. I've looked in that folder and I have searched the drive and I'm coming up empty (jpeg of directory attached). Sorry for sounding dense, but the TIR works fine outside of the FSX application and ASX works as advertised. Is that possible without simconnect.xml or is it hidden somewhere? I have the file options set to display hidden and system files. Thanks,Brent

CarlIt is on my C drive (1 of 3 partitions):C:Program FilesHiFiXEngineXEngine.exe (see attach.)Thanks for the help and rapid response,Brent

Carl,Problem has been resolved. While I was trying to fix my simconnect issue early yesterday after installing ASX and parsing what I had seen elswhere on the forum, I had removed both simconnect subdirectories that I had found in the WinSxS directory before uninstalling FSX SP1. This morning I restored the older simconnect subdirectories I had kept in a temp directory and voila TIR4 came back!Sorry for any wasted energy you spent trying to resolve this for me.Brent