Sign in to follow this  
Guest Temp

ASX novice needs help!

Guest Temp

I'm a new user to ASX. How exactly do you get the real weather to load in FSX? I don't want to change or add anything, I just want to fly in "Real Weather" as is. I know how to import my flight plan and I know how to import the "X Graphics" textures if I want them but what do you do next? Do you just minimize the program and open FSX and do set up there as normal?I can retrieve my X Gauge by pressing "Alt + Tab" once in FSX and I can see the flight plan depicted on it but somehow I don't think the "Real Weather" has been imported. Also, The "Voice" doesn't seem to work on the Radio on 122.00 or 122.02 which believe is supposed to give me the weather details of my departing station and route.A couple of pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

Guest Temp

I'm getting fed up with this! Why doesn't the voice communication work when I enter the correct frequencis in to the radio. Yes, audio is set to on.Also, I still can't get ASX to put the real weather into FSX. The help pages state that "Depiction Idle" should go green which means that it is sending the weather into FSX. This does not turn green. The other two turn green..the "Download Active" and the "Synthesis Process". Im going back to using my "Weather Maker RX" for the moment.

Hello can you please contact support at hifisim.com and include your xengine.log?Something certainly is not right.The log is in docs & settingsuserapplication datahifixengine.Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Temp

Damian.As requested, I have just sent the Xengine.Log to Support.

Guest Temp

Still waiting patiently for help from you guys at support regarding my problem with ASX not inputting the "Real Weather" into FSX. I do appreciate it's the Weekend though.As I said above, ASX starts with no problem and loads modules. It then downloads from your servers and then synthesises OK but I don't see the "Depiction" light up and turn green indicating that the weather is loading into FSX. Also, because of this, my "Voice" frequencies are not to be heard when tuned into the radio's. X Graphics is working fine and transfers textures with no problem when prompted by ASX.Best regards.

Guest Temp

Over 24 hours since my last post and over two days since I reported my problem. I've had no acknowledgement from any of you guys at Hi Fi Simulation. I even went via the "contact form" on your website and it's been 48 hours since I did that.I thought this was supposed to be a "Support Forum". I've received nothing so far. Not even an acknowledgement. This is a fine way to treat a paying customer. I appreciate you guys may be busy but it doesn't hurt to post a reply or sending me an email giving me an update of some kind. Best Regards.

Hello there,First, we of course are very sorry for the delay. I just went digging and found 1 mail of yours in our spam mailbox. This has been corrected for your address.Second, on the Forum, Sunday was the first day off for most the development team since about 2 months ago. We all needed a day off and we apologize that we were not all here to answer your question immediately on late Saturday night/Sunday. Normally we are much quicker. I must however remind everyone that we do not officially offer company support on weekends or holidays, and a 24-48 hour response time is standard.Anyhow, unfortunately I did not receive the log so may I ask that you please send it directly to me, damianc at hifisim.com? Thanks in advance...Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Temp

Damian. I have now sent the log to you as requested. I hope this one doesn't end up in your Spam box as well! Best Regards.