Sign in to follow this  
Martin Georg EDDF

ASX networked via Simconnect - help needed ...

Guest Carl Hackman

Hi MartinCan you put the SimConnect.ini file into your "My DocumentsFlight Simulator X Files" folder.When FSX starts a cmd dialog will be lauched showing the version of SimConnect in use. After a few seconds you should see the cmd Dialog being populated with data as ASX talks to FSX.Please advise if this is happeningThanksCarl Hackmanhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-dev-sigbanner.jpg

Hello Carl,thanks for the speedy response. Yes, SIMCONNECT.INI is in the "My DocumentsFlight Simulator X Files" folder. And I can see ASX talking with FSX through the CMD dialog (this window is titled "SimConnect Diagnostic Output" on my machine). As I wrote, I assume that ASX and FSX are already talking (as ASX correctly identifies my startup location).Yours,Martin Georg/EDDFDirector, VATSIM Europe Division (VATEUD1) *** mailto:vateud1@vateud.org

Cheers,

Martin Georg/EDDF

Contributing editor, FS-Magazin

Hi Carl,>Do you see the marquee across the FSX window when you start a flight showing that ASX is providing weather data?Nope.>Do you have a local section in your SimConnect.xml as well as global under ?My SIMCONNECT.XML files loooks like this (I also own FSUIPC4 with WideFS):<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>SimConnectSimConnect.xmlFalseFalse IPv4global

645004096FalseFalseAutolocalYours,Martin Georg/EDDFDirector, VATSIM Europe Division (VATEUD1) *** mailto:vateud1@vateud.org

Cheers,

Martin Georg/EDDF

Hi Carl,this is my SIMCONNECT.CFG file:[simConnect]Protocol=IPv4Address=192.168.1.103Port=500MaxReceiveSize=4096DisableNagle=0It is located on the client PC in the "My Documents" folder.Yours,Martin Georg/EDDFDirector, VATSIM Europe Division (VATEUD1) *** mailto:vateud1@vateud.org

Cheers,

Martin Georg/EDDF

Guest kdundon

Try a different port. A list of ports can be obtained at the following url http://www.iss.net/security_center/advice/Exploits/Ports/ and what I did was print it off. I found using 8002 worked for me. Also try the AI traffic example from the FSX SDK folder. It should show connected to flight simulator and a number under that. I found that was when I had a good port. I was able to get Connected to Flight Simulator but until I got the number 2 under it it did not work. Ken

Hello,Edit: For some very strange reason, now ASX connects to FSX via Simconnect over the network. I swear I have not changed anything since yesterday :D . Perhaps the system just needed some sleep :) :) :).OK, now looking to solve a different porblem: The ASX log reports masses of "Exception received:16" messages. Will try the forum search to see if this was mentioned already. Yours,Martin Georg/EDDFDirector, VATSIM Europe Division (VATEUD1) *** mailto:vateud1@vateud.org

Cheers,

Martin Georg/EDDF