I think ASX and ASG are great products, but I wish there would be some admittal to the fact that I think alot of us fly around in a donut hole. If you look around things look overcast but if you look down you can see the ground no matter how overcast it may be. I asked for screen shots of straight down shots with overcast decks underneath and got side shots, I asked again and I heard crickets chirping. I have the products and I have consistently flown around in overcast areas and have yet to truly enter the weather and lose contact with the ground. To be honest it is frustrating. Has anyone really gone into the weather, lost complete contact with the ground and flown an approach where you actually clear the weather (not just cleared the current visibility)???? Anyone???Steve

I am not asking about 500' visibility, I am talking about a 500' overcast ceiling which could have 4 miles visibility as far as I care. If the METAR says OVC005 and 4sm visibility, I would like to go into the clouds at 500" AGL +/- 100' or so and not see anything (just like in the real world) until I get clear on top. This was possible in the past, but seems to have disappeared in the past few years.

Guest abulaafia

just to warm this up so it doesn't get buried: there is definitely a visibility issue with ASX.I've had a lot of flights now, over overcast areas, and you an always see the ground. On longer routes, such as over Russia, or the Atlantic, I noticed that not once was the ground or the water covered with clouds. As a regular flyer between Asia and Europe I have to say that is very unrealistic. Visibility restriction with AS6.5 was better. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com

I would suggest this is the biggest obstacle to putting this product off the charts in quality. If they can get this fixed (hopefully soon) then it will be tip-top.

Guest abulaafia

I found that by setting Cirrus and Status CLoud Coverage to 75%, I can achieve a reasonably realistic result. Even so, the ground remains visible throughout, which is definitely a bug. ==Marten:Weber==P-D920 oc3.64MHz 2GB RAM WinXP ATI X1900+1024MB 2xSATA250 2xVIEWSONIC 19"Best AI available today: www.world-of-ai.com

Guest trampus1

First I must say that ASX is generally very good. But like the above posts I too am very disappointed with the overcast conditions. I have been testing this most of the time. I live very near to Benson (egub) and whenever it is overcast with thick cloud I take off from that base. All the readings downloaded from ASX point to overcast conditions. When I fly into the clouds and above the overcast weather it changes to almost immediately to fair conditions and I can see the ground everywhere, so unrealistic. All my settings are on full-on for weather. I had hoped that ASX would have solved the issue from Activesky 6.5.I do hope ASX are looking into this as it spoils the realism.trampus1