Sign in to follow this  
Guest anders

Flightwatch radio

Guest anders

Hi!Is there a way to have Flightwatch radio voice out on the same pc as Active Sky when using a remote setup?

Guest daparker

Hey- This is Doug's son, the resident IT guy/summer intern at a help desk...In order to have the radio sound go through to your computer with the software running on another computer is to set up a "Remote Desktop Session" using Microsoft Terminal Services client. This will only work with Windows XP Professional, Media Center Edition, 2000 Pro, or any Windows Server version.On the computer you have the ASX software running on, make sure that you enabled Remote Desktop access. You can do this by right clicking on your "My Computer" icon and clicking properties. Click on the Remote tab on the upper right hand corner of the "System Properties" window that pops up. You want the second checkbox that reads "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer" to be checked. Click OK to the System Properties window.Now, on the computer you have Flight Sim running on, go to the Start menu, click on "Run", and type in "mstsc /console". This will bring up a nifty application known as Terminal Services Client, or as it reads in XP Professional: "Remote Desktop Connection". Click on the Options button in that window and click on the Local Resources tab. On the first dropdown menu that reads "Remote Computer Sound", make sure that the drop down menu reads "Bring to this computer" and *NOT* "Do not play" and *NOT* "Leave at remote computer". Go back to the General tab, and type in either the ASX software computer's name or IP address and click Connect. You'll be able to log in as usual, and if you already logged onto the machine while you were sitting at it before, the /console switch will enable you to take over that session you had running. Simply open up the software, and voila, you SHOULD have the sound coming to your computer, from another computer!

Guest anders

Well tnx all. The remote desktop is not a solution for me since I'm trying to have the sound from FlightWatch Radio on the same pc running it.(not fs pc)If I was using remote desktop FS sound will be present along with FlightWatch Radio so it's pretty much the same situation as now.But tnx for your interest