Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigRick

Error writing weather values

I seem to be getting an error when ASX attempts to write out the weather values to FSX. I'm running it on a networked computer and all seems to be set up correctly. The Simconnect is connecting correctly (according to the AITraffic util) and I get the message in FSX stating that ASX is connected. The ASX log file is showing Unable to write to MyUserNameApplicationDataasx-wx-info.dat. Access Denied Source =and nothing I can see after the = sign. I'm running XP SP2 on the networked computer hosting ASX and Vista on the FSX computer. UsersMyUserNameApplicationData is one of those protected folders I cannot even view in Windows Explorer. Because of this, I get no weather updates. Anyone experiencing this or have some suggestions? Thanx!-Rick

Oh yeah, it's set up to show hidden folders. Also, I've right-clicked, picked shared options, and set it up to share with Everyone with full read/write access. 2 things I noticed tho. There is no "sharing" hand on the folder like a normal shared folder and the folder is grayed out. Not sure why it wont share properly. If I reclick the properties and pick share again, it will give me the option to stop sharing or change sharing options, so it MUST be sharing it after all.-Rick

Well, it seems I found the problem. LORD was it easier setting up ASv6 with FS9 than dealing with ANYTHING in Vista! :-) The problem did stem from the sharing option of the application data folder. After about 15-20 minutes of digging, I noticed that one lone option was set in the permissions that was preventing access to the folder. For those that might have a like problem, it was the list folder/data read option under permissions in the security tab for the application data folder. It was set to deny. So, ASX was unable to read the folder. I edited it and turned off the deny and away she went! Just an fyi.-Rick

Does not solve the problem for me.Network works fine, maps are accessible, all Vista comp.Active sky still says:Problem writing weather values: Kan een gedeelte van het pad driveletter:asc-wx-info.dat niet vinden.(Error)Source =????Ed