Sign in to follow this  
Guest shelley1995

How to listern to weather report

Guest shelley1995

Hi, How does one tune in weather for the area our flight is in?Example: I'm flying in Keywest Florida, I would like weather report but I don't know what freq.it is. Thank you.

Guest sox

Hi Jim:I'm finding that the Unicom frequency of 122.0 is interfering with some of the VoxATC sites, i.e. VoxATC intructs me to dial 122.0 for Ground at certain stations but while contacting this location I'm getting weather reports from AS. I'm still able to communicate with Ground if I hurry before the next weather update but it is most annoying and a great time waster (time is always of the essence when one has a sweetie who thinks she is a simmers widow!).Is there anyway I can disenable the wx reports while using Unicom?It's a great feature but can be bothersome at times.Thanks,Sox.

Guest sox

Hi Jim:Sorry, should have mentioned that.I'm in ASv6.5, FS9 and VoxATC 2004 right now.I do have ASX but not using it yet. I'm waiting for some more hardware and software upgrades before using FSX.BTW: I mistakenly used the expression "Ground" in my original post but of course it is not ground that I'm talking to in Unicom.Thanks, Sox.

Guest sox

Hi Jim: Will do. Fortunately the problem only exists at Unicom locations so it's not always there.Tegwyn from VoxATC also suggested changing frequencies via AFCAD but your method is much easier.Thanks for your assistance, it was a bother.Sox.

Guest redwards

I may be being stupid (wouldn't be the first time :-)), but how do I turn the weather reports off in ASX? I've looked everywhere and can't fing the switch!