Sign in to follow this  

I have installed ASX under Windows XP Home Edition 2002 SP2. I have configured the sharing on my Vista Home Premium FSX installation so that I can view the FSX folder contents from my XP PC (the network configuration instructions do not include the need to grant write permissions under the Vista.(Drive).Properties.Security to 'Everyone', which wasted several hours). When I start ASX I receive the message "SimConnect (SP1 version) was not able to be loaded. This is required for operation with FSX! ASX will continue....".I have installed the SDK from FSX disk #1 (is this synonymous with SimConnect?) to both PCs, applied SP1a to the FSX PC, but am unable to get that .exe to execute under XP. Should I be installing the SDK under XP at all? Do I need to alter my SimConnect.cfg?I have successfully installed ASX in the interim on my Vista PC and it works OK.Please, any help much appreciated.Cheers, Richard

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hold!I have just found the other pages of my printout of the Networked Configuration documentation (filed with some other papers by accident!).Will follow these.Apologies for being stupid (it's me age, sir!)Cheers, Richard