Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

Cant get Networked Active Sky X to work

No matter what I tried I just can't this this to work. It keeps coming up with the SP1 error. I have uninstalled/Re-installed SP1 on the server machine, double checked I ran the simconnect msi on the client machine and tripple checked the entries in the files.I even resorted to manually deleting the SP1 files as described but hit a brick wall in that one. There are two directories with the file there but I cant delete either because the only account that can remove them is the TrustedInstaller account and I have no access to that. I am running Vista Ultimate.Anyone got any suggestions?Active Sky X runs fine on my server machine but it is running out of memory at times and I want to move as much off it as possible. Also to get a few frames more.http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

It showed that it connected in the output window. I gave up but then found FSUIPC would not work after I had done the un-install/re-install of the SP1. No matter what I did it would not work. In the end I completely removed the lot and manually removed everything out of the registry that was left over and ran CCleaner after that.After a new install and update FSUIPC was again working.Tried ASX on the remote machine and it now appears happy but does not appear to be transferring weather to FSX at all. Everything looks kosher though.http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

No it does not. The log file from ASX shows that it has found Simconnect okay. Is there any specific log data I should be looking for in any of the log files in ASX or Simconnect?

>Log looks good. What happens if you click on the Lock to FS>Position box?It brings up a wait cursor for a few seconds then does nothing except go back to the way it was.I re-enabled the log/console from Simconnect on the server machine and looked for any references that ASX was connecting to it. There was a lot of weather stuff in there but nothing that had ASX connecting or anything like that.I then went back and tried AITraffic and it pops open it's console window for a split second and closes and now no longer shows up in the console log either.Tried disabling the Vista firewall to see if that was it and no difference. No other firewall going. Triple checked all the Simconnect config files and IP addresses and all check out fine.FSUIPC is working fine as is WideFS. Appears right versions of everything are on the right machines but just no go.Is there any logging from the client machine in regard to Simconnect that is available or more logging from ASX that can be turned on? Maybe a debug mode so the logfile is extended to include Simconnect messages to try and see what is happening there?http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Did some further work today to track it down.Ran FSX with the console open and log file active. Then ran one of the Simconnect sample programs and it connected fine. Then tried AITraffic and this also connected fine and showed up properly in the console and logfile. This was all on the server machine.Tried it on the Client machine and bot sample programs opened their consoles and closed immediately. There was no output from these n the console/logfile on the server to say they connected.There is now 100% certainty that the problem is the Client not communicating with the server but I cannot work out why due to the lack of logging features in the client.

>I suggest going through the Network setup document again and>double check all the files and entries.YaHoooo. Finally got it working again. I was checking files on my server machine because the client only had the one simple config file. However on checking this file on the client machine I found it no longer existed. Wondering where it had got to I was just about to make a new one when I found the old one on my desktop. Well duh, I must have moved it there when I was re-installing Simconnect all over the place.Anyway to cut an extremely long story short it now works and I can get connections to FSX from the samples and ASX. Just did a trial flight and all good.Now all I have to do is get my frame rate back again. I was getting 20-30fps with almost everything turned right up but now it is 6-30 and usually down around 6-18. Not sure why as all the config files where saved and restored. Have to get tweaking again I guess.Anyway it is working again so can tweak at leasure.http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png