Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

terrible performance active sky x and graphics x

I have been a long time user of active sky for fs9 and love the program so i purchased the X version. I have a decent high end computer and frame rates in fsx are generally ok, but when i run active sky x, my machine gets killed and slows to a unusable crawl. When I close asx everything returns to normal. I am running fsx under xp with all service packs including acceleration .Any thoughts? I could try installing and running fsx and graphicsx on a networked 2nd computer but not sure how well that would work with this productPeter K P.EngCF-MMZToronto Ontario CanadaPMDG 747,737and 747FLevel D 767PSS Airbus pro A340-300In reality, a Mooney 201 Pilot

Hi Peter,Sorry for the problem. We need to first identify what exactly is causing the slowdown. So:Is is just the actual running of ASX? Find a clear weather airport and see what your FPS is, both without ASX and with ASX.Is it the clouds? Pull your cloud draw distance down in FSX and test.Is it the complex weather? Try and limit your cloud layers to 3 in ASX and test.Is it just your system? What are your specs?I hope in general that you are not trying all of this while using any of the planes in your sig!Please go through this stuff and report back when you have time.Thanks, Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/