Sign in to follow this  

Hi, i'm using ASX and have a problem with the weather at destination.it seems as asx is not updating the weather at destination at all or too late.for example, i flew from lszh to egll. on the briefing screen it was reported weather at egll 260@8, 1034hpa. i came in london and atis told me winds calm and 1013hpa. i was directed on ils09 and suddenly on final winds changed to the "real" data and i had more than 10 kts tailwind.can i somehow set the controls of asx that it updates the weather at destination before i reach it?Thanx,chrjs

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Happens most of the times. i think i'm using the default settings. what should be set/checked?thanks,chrjs

It seems so.I made today a transatlantic flight from EGLL to KJFK. There wasn't any wind over the atlantic. In New York winds were shifting all the time. I noticed later on the ASX screen, that, even though i set 17 minutes for updating the weather, ASX refused to dowload weather for more than 2 hours. I don't have a high-end computer, might there be not enough memory?thanks chrjs

yes winds were 0/0 and no error messages.weather "returned" over newfoundland....

OK i will try that. Thank you for your time and great/fast help!Awesome work!chrjs