Sign in to follow this  
Shmiffy

ASX FSUIPC WX Winds and other stuff - help

Hi Guys:I am cross-posting this simultaneously to HI-Fi Sim, FSUIPC, BAv, and PMDG Forums. Apologies if it has been asked before, but i promise i have searched, but the search string 'ASX FSX FSUIPC WIND SHIFT' offers so many results that a sensible and coherent answer is difficult to track down. If you know of a post that answers my question succinctly, and will enable me to get the results that i am looking for, then please point me in the right direction, and my apologies for asking that same old question again.I have just made the switch to FSX, and i am having trouble with the wind shifts. The pressure issue has so far not been noticed, but there's time yet :)I run FSX on my main machine which has FSUIPC 4.28 currently installed. I am aware that there is an updated version, i have downloaded and will install after this flight.On my Laptop and talking via simconnect over a wired LAN is ASX, and SB4. Talking via WideClient, is the VA's ACARS System.The problem i have, is the winds. Currently, i am mid atlantic, travelling west to east at FL370 0302Z.Winds in FSX are reading 051*/030 (a 30 Kt Headwind). After setting FL370 and refreshing the data for my current Flight Plan, the winds should (as far as the ASX Briefing Page goes) be 254*/100 (a 100 Kt Tail Wind).------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My ASX Settings are as follows;Auto Wx Downloads - ONVatsim Downloads - OFFForce High Priority - OFFDownload Interval - 10 MinsDynamic Rate Of Change - 10%Wake Turb Strength - 13%Depict Hurricanes - ONCreate Virtual Stations - OFFEnhance Route Coverage - OFFX Graphics Options - Not Installed - All OFFMax Surface Wind - 100KtMin Wind Turb - 0%Max Wind Turb - 0%Min Wind Shear - 0%Max Wind Shear - 0%Disable Winds Aloft - OFFEnable Wind Data Smoothing - OFFEnable Wind Shift Stabilisation - OFFMin Surface Vis - 0SMMax Surface Vis - 100SMMax Upper Vis - 80SMMax Cloud Layers - 20Min Cloud Turb - 0%Max Cloud Turb - 0%Min Cloud Icing 0%Max Cloud Icing 60%CAVOK Cloud Gen - 24%No Data Cloud Gen 50%Cirrus Cloud Gen - 50%Stratus Cloud Occurrence - 20%Enable Fog Layer - ON[ On - Ticked / OFF - Unticked ]>>>>>> Since i began writing the last wx update - winds are now 001*/000<<<<<<<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------FSUIPC SettingsSmooth Wind Changes near aircraft with changes limited to [ 1 ] Knot or degree per secondThat is the only weather relevant WX setting within FSUIPC that i have set.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>>>>> Winds now 003*/001 FSX - 250*/100 ASX <<<<<<<<>>>>>>Winds no 000/000 in FSX <<<<<<

Hi,We suggest turning these On:Create Virtual Stations - OFFEnhance Route Coverage - OFFAlso, FSX

Hello Jim:Many thanks for the response. I shall try this on my next hop and see how it turns out.I appreciate that you guys are trying to handle one of the single most complex aspects of the simulator, not helped by the apparent bugginess of the software itself, and appreciate the good work that you are doing. It seems to me that the Atlantic, and other areas where one would expect a dearth of stations, is where the WX gets erratic. I hope that you are making progress with a fix, and look forward to hearing more in the future.Many thanksPaul