Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

FS2002 can't run 3rd party panels... what gives

Hi,I'm trying to figure out why certain gauges cannot run on my rig. I'm using an Athlon XP 2200+, GF4 Ti 4400, Latest drivers, DX9, 512MB RAM, Win XP home. Nothing OC'd.My biggest problmes seem to revolve around the TC_Fuelstatus gauge and RealCRT, both of which I truly miss. When I load a panel with these gauges, it'll work from 10-50 seconds, then FS will either quit or lockup, requiring CNTL-ALT-DEL to kill it. I had FS2002 on an older computer with Win98 and all worked well. Now I have WinXP and it won't go. I'm wondering if there's a problem in Win XP or FS2002.CFG that makes it unstable.Thanks for any assistance...-Matt

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For the fuel status gauge, have you tried rg_fstt2.zip at FLIGHTSIM?As far as WinXP, I am running it and have no problems. What controller chips driver are you using. The latest graphics adapter drivers may not be the best either!Did you copy fs2002 from your old computer to the new computer? If so, try removing the fs2002.cfg from the new install, start fs2002 to create a new fs2002.cfg, and see if it fixes your problem. You will have to reset your settings under options.

Hey Man, I had that trouble as well with realcrt panels, if found that if u load the plane with outside view then go to the panel view it would crash back to the desktop, so if u load the plane staight to the panel view it works ok, and then if you go to spot view again then back to the panel view it still works oki now use the PSS 744 panel but i still use the rear CRT gauges with the scarebus panel for the POKSY airbus and it seems to work ok as wellregards from ozmatt

I found that XP seemed to unzip (or somehow disturb) .cab files from the aircraft gauge installs instead of putting the compressed xml gauges into the FS2002/Gauge folder undisturbed.Reinstalling the aircraft gauges fixed the problem.Milton