Sign in to follow this  
boyho1

FS 2K2 tips

Hi GuysI remember in the period just after FS2k2 was launched there appeared lots of tips to maximise performance. I am now running a new rig and I did not bring forward all of my previous setting details. Can anyone direct to that site that had all these tips listed. I do want to make the change to the .cfg file that allows you to hold altitude on the autopilot but still allow course changes.I am very happy with my new rig.....all sliders to the right and holding 25 fps most of the time! It really is like having a different simulator.New specs:-P4 2.66 Ghz256 Mb RAM (will up to 512 shortly)gf 4200 Ti 128 Mb120 Gb 7200 HDwindows XP home

Guest crashing_pilot

hi,www.fsgateway.comsearch in the tips and tricks section!!merry christmas!

Thanks for this tip. I went there and found a lot of good tips but not the one for the auto pilot tweak. Does anybody have it???

Guest frankcubillos

Look for ffwlutil.zip by Dave Westbury. Works like a champ for both force feeback and the Wing Level (which is what I think you were asking about?) :-wave ---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize PAI and FSGateway sig banner here.

Hi FrankThanks for your info. The fix worked like a charm changing all the chosen aircraft.cfg at a stroke! What I had before was not automated and I manually changed each a/c.cfg which gave the same result but took much longer.I didn't know about this bit of magic but this is what I used to put in the a/c.cfg:- use_no_default_bank=1 use_no_default_pitch=1It was these 2 lines that I picked up before and they have now been placed by Dave's fix.