Sign in to follow this  
dnunes

Feathering the R4D

I have tried several times to stop one engine and the feather it. While I can distinctly hear the engine stop rotating when I press the feather button, I cannot see any change in the angle of attack of the propeller blades. Is this so?Regards,

Guest Javis

>I have tried several times to stop one engine and the feather>it. While I can distinctly hear the engine stop rotating when>I press the feather button, I cannot see any change in the>angle of attack of the propeller blades. Is this so?Yes,i'm afraid so,Domingos.We couldn't get that to synchronise yet.After you have pushed the feather button you can use Ctrl/F3 to pitch the blades in feather position visually too. Jan

I tried both Jan's (Ctrl/F3) and your suggestion.I didn't manage to have Ctrl/F3 putting the propeller in the feather position.Your suggestion works (moving the propeller control a little forward and then backward). What I also observed is that when the prop control is moved forward, the feather button comes to the normal position; if, after you get the propeller in the feather position, you press the button again, the prop comes out of the feather position.By the way, I tried both procedures with the BT and neither works.Regards,