Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Windows XP help !!

Hi to all......I just installed Windows XP upgrade...I had Windows 98 and had FS2002 runnin like a champ with frame rates at about 22 to 30FPS.....no jaggies...great landmass graphics....twas wunderful!!Well..now I have jaggies all around the aircraft (like saw tooth blades) and shimmering at the airport grond level, looks like extreme heat coming off the ground..wavering..In Windows 98 I ran the system at 4X....that solved all the jaggie problems...but am lost with "XP" ???....My system is fine....512...TI4200 128...am running it on a 30.82 driver (I think that is the one)...and also which is strange is that now the frame rates are up around 50 to 70 ???Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated..HELP!!??Thanks and Happy Holidays to all !!JimTucson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jim,Are you sure you are installing the XP specific driver? I strongly recommend the 41.09 Detonator driver, available at nvidia.com. The v40 series offer a host of features and increased stability over earlier v30's.

Rob,Will certainly try it..I have it downloaded and stored..good thought.Thanks Jim

Hi again Rob,Well I installed the 41.09...seems to help alot..now I have another problem.....can go to the map and pick out a VOR lets say...it comes up, but when I click on it there is nothing there except the name, no details at all and a verticle cursor blinking..now that I have never seen before !! Any ideas ??Regard,Jim Tucson

If all you did was use the WinXP CD to upgrate to WinXP then that is the problem. You need to download and install the updated drivers for your controller chips, graphics adapter, sound, NICs, modem, and other peripherals on your computer.I would also recommend you update to WinXP SP1, unless your version of WinXP is already SP1 (check in Device Manager General Tab page), and any pre-SP2 updates from Microsoft Update Website.