Sign in to follow this  
Guest lemonadedrinker

b-25 civilian repaints

Guest lemonadedrinker

what chance is there of one of the repaint geniuses residing at the back of my computer creating a civilian repaint of the b-25, for after war use, transporting execs up and down alaska or ferrying fuel along the dewline !! it is a beautiful bird and did survive into the post war period. thanks for reading!

Guest Railrunner130

I was thinking about that myself. As I recall, in the story of the MAAM B-25, it did some of those tasks. Maybe something from the archives can be brought to light?

Guest lemonadedrinker

there seem to be thousands of pages on the b-25. some civilian uses were v.i.p.transports, agricultural, training and load carrying with usage going on into the sixties in some cases. not bad at all!

Guest Javis

Actually we already have a civil B-25 sitting up at the virtual MAAM hangar... http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...3&topic_id=1732Model is ready, so is the fire, but we're still waiting for the ultimate genius to make it possible to actually kill the fire. Releasing a firefighter without the abillity to do its job would be a bit silly, wouldn't it. No prob to turn this model into any kind of other civilian use but there's first the Doolittle 'B' model to take care of after i have worked a truckload of DC-3 variants out of the hangar door.... I have used up all 24 hours in a day so i have started working at night as well... :(Any photo's of RW civilian B-25's would be welcome! Jan

>model into any kind of other civilian use but there's first>the Doolittle 'B' model to take care of after i have worked aYes!!! "Good things comes to those who waits!" *grin*

Guest Dominique

>what chance is there of one of the repaint geniuses residing>at the back of my computer creating a civilian repaint of the>b-25, for after war use, transporting execs up and down alaska>or ferrying fuel along the dewline !! it is a beautiful bird>and did survive into the post war period. thanks for reading!An early 50's VIP transport B25 ! I have been longing for such a model all along :-). It would "just" be necessary to clean the model and cockpit of the turrets and warfighting paraphernalia. Make the already great existing VC fully dynamic and presto you have a new commercial product !

Guest Tim W

>Any photo's of RW civilian B-25's would be welcome! >>JanHey JanHere you gohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/98679.jpgThis is TB-25K 44-86873 (N87Z) taken at the Hayward, California, airport in 1960.Glenn E. "Red" Turner and partner Ken Staley purchased the B-25 as surplus equipment from the USAF in 1958. The airplane was outfitted to carry tropical fish from South America to the U.S. and it made several trips doing so. It was also used for aerial survey and test work. The airplane was sold in 1968, went through a succession of owners, finally crashing in August 1982 in the Bahamas. Maybe you'd be interested in this bookhttp://www.aerovintage.com/b25.htmCheersTim

Guest Javis

Thanks Tim !That's a first photo i actually see of a 'real' civil B-25 ( apart from BT and her many sisters still flying and on display at museum's which i believe are also civil registered... ), carying tropical fish and all ! ( you *could* make a nice fishtank or -bowl out of the nose or turret canopies ! :D )The book looks very interesting too. Just checked with LHS and they have a copy in stock ! Thanks again mate!Jan

Guest Javis

>An early 50's VIP transport B25 ! I have been longing for such>a model all along :-). It would "just" be necessary to clean>the model and cockpit of the turrets and warfighting>paraphernalia. Livery ?......>Make the already great existing VC fully dynamic and presto>you have a new commercial product !Would've done that already if it would be easy and not so time consuming.Unfortunately there's a bug in GMax which prevents animated models rescaled to meters to export with the new Makemdl compiler which makes a fully clickable VC possible. It would mean to scrap all anims and start all over again with the model converted from feet to meters. Maybe some day when i feel up to it.A civil VIP transport is probabely maybe somewhere down the pipeline somehow eventually... :+ Jan

Guest Tim W

>That's a first photo i actually see of a 'real' civil B-25 (>apart from BT and her many sisters still flying and on display>at museum's which i believe are also civil registered... ),>carying tropical fish and all ! ( you *could* make a nice>fishtank or -bowl out of the nose or turret canopies ! :D )>It says it crashed in the Bahamas! Now I wonder what it was doing when that happened!!!!CheersTim

Guest Dominique

>Livery ?......Here are two civil liveries http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1159...atic=yes&size=Lhttp://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=3774...atic=yes&size=Land of course all those this community would paint! >Unfortunately there's a bug ... It would mean to scrap all anims and >start all over again with the model converted from feet to meters. >Maybe some day when ifeel up to it. bad luck ! it may become a nice new commercial product though, with alife of its own... >A civil VIP transport is probabely maybe somewhere down the>pipeline somehow eventually... looking forward to it :-) Dominique

Guest lemonadedrinker

That is great to see so much interest! I love the fish transport but I guess that should have had floats fitted.The 2nd of the pics Dominique posted looks like it was done with a 3 inch brush and some dodgy emulsion paint so it can't be that difficult to do these civil repaints!! And thank you Jan, looking forward to the civvy street paint job :9

Guest Javis

Interesting photo of that Prestwick Mitchell,Dominique. Got a nasty shiner there at front though. :-cool According to that and the colors it may well have been a firefighter... or aero photography maybe... ? Yes, i know about that Red Bull Mitchell, looks nice and shiny but perhaps a tad or two too shiny and it's no real original civil iteration of the B-25.Btw,that's some awesome code you've got there as picture links!:-eek :-hah You can just copy and paste the URL that's shown above each photo at airliners.net. Then it'll look like this :http://www.airliners.net/open.file/377429/L/ Thanks for the pics,Dominique, keep 'm coming! Jan

Guest Dominique

uh oh ! http://www.airliners.net/open.file/228488/L/ Now you know what your kitchen is gonna look like after installing GE appliances:-outta >Yes, i know about that Red Bull Mitchell, looks nice and shiny>but perhaps a tad or two too shiny and it's no real original>civil iteration of the B-25.You're absolutely right Jan but the photo shows how awesome a plane a non armed B25 can look. BTW it is not much a civil B25 which is needed than a transport B25. It can well be military.>Btw,that's some awesome code you've got there as picture>links!:-eek :-hah >You can just copy and paste the URL that's shown above each>photo at airliners.net. Then it'll look like this :>>http://www.airliners.net/open.file/377429/L/ thanks,the end of a long day :-)!