Sign in to follow this  
Guest iannel

The OY-BPB engine textures

Guest iannel

Hi all. I would like to know if it's possible for me as a user to incorporate the very nicely detailed internal engine textures of Jan's OY-BPB into my existing R4D? The model I use is the ZS-GPL passenger repaint that Heather did - and I think the passenger version is from Mark. Are there any files that I can just copy across from OY-BPB to change the engine textures, or is this completely incoporated in the actual 3-D model?I would appreciate any assistance, a 'No' is also OK.Regards, Ian

Guest pollard

Hi Ian (now we are three!),Jan rebuilt some of the engine elements for the OY-BPB add-on so the new textures will more than likely be model specific and of little use in the R4D presently. In the interim however you could improve things a tad by adding OY-BPB's landing-light reflections to your chosen paint (see the 'light-hearted banter' post for instructions) and include OY-BPB's glass texture; glas_t in the folder too. The glass change is an acquired taste however and you may or may not like it. It grew on me. Back everything up of course before you make any changes. Hope this is of some use to you.Ian (Sir John) :-sword

Guest Javis

Afraid it's the 'No', Ian. Checkout both 'r4d_engine.bmp' and ' r4d_engine2.bmp' in the R4D and BPB texture folders respectively and you'll see the 'problem'. Thought it was about time for a better looking engine image so i gave it it's own 256x256 bitmap. The engine texture for all preceding models is only part of a 256x256 bitmap.An additional problem as far as the R4D is concerned is that the magneto boxes are situated in front of the cylinders while they are tucked away inside the nacelles with BPB, as they are with most other DC-3's/C-47's. The R4D engine texture provides for that while the BPB engine texture does not. What you could do is re-size the BPB engine image to fit that of the R4D engine image. With a reasonable sharpen filter a more or less satisfactory result could be obtained but it will not look as nice as the BPB engine texture surely. cheers,Jan

Guest iannel

Hi all. Thanks Sir John for your response and suggestions, I'll certainly attempt those changes, although I must say I prefer flying the actual plane than making alterations to it...I just thought the engine upgrade might be a quick copying of files.Thanks for your reply Jan, and as this is the first time I'm communicating with you, thanks for all the years of your beautiful DC-3's, I have been flying them since FS2000. I must say I was very sad about the affair with Roy. But anyway... I understand about the engine situation, no problem. But do you think it's possible for some patches such as the engine textures and the lighting etc to be made available to those that bought the original R4D? Perhaps a question for Bill? It just seems a pity that you have these beautiful textures in your newer models and we(I) can't really use them, as I stick to 'my' DC-3 - the passenger R4D repainted by Heather.If it's not possible at all, it's no problem, the original R4D is quite nice anyway, and I have no other problems.Regards to allIan