Sign in to follow this  
strider

R4D-DC3 FAQ?

Is there an R4D-DC3 faq here, like the one for "Briefing Time"? I ask because I received my MAAM-SIM CD, read the manual and watched the videos...and I cannot, for the life of me, get the engines to start manually. "Control+E" will start the engines. I followed the checklist steps for "Starting Engines" but she never fires off. I ask for an FAQ location because the answer is probably there...rather than have you tell "another MAAM newbie" how it's done. I will say that I have tried every possible combination of switches I can think of (Primer, Ignition, Vibrator) to no avail. I am using the 2D cockpit, as I always and forever will. Any info or direction to information is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Vic (DCA 1322)

Go searching in this forum, Victor. Other people - although certainly not all - have had start up problems and rather than going over it all again, you'll find information of use in other threads, I think.Here's one, for a start (or not, as the case may be!):http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...91&mesg_id=2591Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Well, it seems there are all sorts of issues with starting the MAAM engines manually and some who have no problem at all. After going over all sorts of "goofy" sounding fixes, I found one that works (don't ask me why! :-roll). As long as I have a second, small window open the engines will manual start. I used Spot View because I kept seeing that come upin the posts. Very weird. So now my next thread will be if anyone has solved the riddle of "Why" this is necessary. Thanks Mark