Sign in to follow this  
strider

DXT3's for the default MAAM R4D/DC3 liveries?

Although I have Mark's excellent DXT3 replacement textures for all the DC3 Airways AC's, I was wondering if it would be possible to get the same done for the MAAM-SIM defaults (including the OY-BPB)? I use DXT3's at every possible opportunity...not just online in MP. I find the wait for the 32 bits to load..."annoying"...to say the least. Yes it only takes 1-2 seconds (on my system)...but that is too long for a "Non-eye candy" guy, like myself. When I look out the window, I don't want to wait to see what's going on. I have resaved textures before, using DXTbmp.exe...with mixed results. Not being a repaint guru, I prefer the experts do it, if possible. Is anyone planning, with MAAM approval, to make the default MAAM liveries in DXT3? I would certainly use them. Vic

Victor Buck

VicI shouldn't be too put off by DXTBmp. If you simply open the three textures you want to convert - which are the forward and aft fuselage textures and the horizontal surfaces texture - and do nothing else but save them again but in DXT3 format, all will be well. There's a little drop down menu that gives you that choice.If you are unsure of yourself in doing this, simply back the textures up first, in case.The DXT3 process works well with painted 'planes but you might notice a little deterioration on bare metal. That said, unless you are one of those people who zooms in on every rivet, you're not going to be disappointed.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumont

VP Fleet, DC-3 Airways

Team Member, MAAM-SIM