Sign in to follow this  
Guest stalo

C-47

Guest stalo

They might seem like dumb questions, however I have two of them. the first one is How do you see into the cabin, I read one thread which asked that question, and the answer was to go to VC and look back, well I did that, and I got nothing, so what could be wrong? The second question is about the Cowl flaps. I am using a CH yoke, peddles and TQ, with there software managment program, and on the other DC3 they work fine from both the key board,and from my TQ, but in this program I only have control from the mouse, I have looked at everthing I can think of but No joy! I must say I am really impressed with this program, Great job!!:-)

Hi StaloFirstly, to look back .... when in VC mode, you do need to be in the middle of the cockpit when you look back, so that you can see down the alleyway into the cabin. Just looking back from the captain's position will show you only the bulkhead behind him.Also, make sure you are in full VC mode, not medium VC mode.Once you have that rear-facing cabin view, you can zoom in on the cabin. But for full immersion, we highly recommend getting yourself one of the programs that allow you to walk all around and inside the aircraft. The best known of these is Active Camera, and there is a freeware offering too. With one of these, you will see much more and enjoy the full benefit of Jan Visser's incredible interior (and exterior) modelling.As for your cowl flaps..... I am not sure I understand what you are saying. Other DC3? Do you mean, the default DC3? And do you have a standard 'map' set up in CH Control Manager, or do you have different ones for different aircraft or circumstances? It sounds as if you are simply missing some assignments in your setup.MarkMark "Dark Moment" Beaumont[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg[/a]

Guest stalo

Thank's for the info on VC I shall try that. As far as cowl flaps, I am using only one map for all, and the DC3 is of another version however, I though that the cowl flap function would work via the key board as long as I had it selected in assignments. I have taken it out of the map for now, and I also tryed it in direct mode to see if that made any difference. This program is so great, and such joy to fly, that I am going to abandon the other one. I have not shot any ILS landings in nasty WX yet but I will. Any help you can provide on the cowl flaps will be appreciated.:-)

Guest stalo

Well, I removed the other DC3, and it did not help. The cowl flaps are out of my map, and are called out in assignments. So there should not be any interference, and yet Ctrl, Shift C&V have no effect. I can use the mouse and they work fine. Any one have any suggestions? :(