Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kristiaan

WHAT A HOBBY....Thanks to the

Thanks to the "Creative" individuals who make this hobby "As Real As It Gets"! As far as I'm concerned, Microsoft merely gave us a basic sim. It took the likes of all the GMAX plane, panel designers, and the sound producers to give us the true experience. I'm so indebted to Damian Clark, Chris Willis, and many others for making me (a User) keep my interest in this hobby for the many years I've been using it. LET ME GIVE YOU A CONCRETE EXAMPLE: Today I took out a GMAX Lear and placed my plane at KMIA. I set my GPS for KNQX (military base in Key West, FLA.)and fired up Damian's ACTIVE SKY WxRE, and started Chris Willis' FS SkyWorld (with the latest update).The weather was beautiful to behold, with large cumulous clouds and many layers of them. The weather was so Florida-like (I'm from Pa., and this is a real treat for me after the Christmas Blizzard and snowstorm we had here)that it even "felt" balmy. I took the Lear up to 17,700 feet, and looked down and around, using all the views. Just incredible! About 51 miles to KNQX, I started my descent...and coming down through these voluminous clouds was just an experience beyond compare. At about 6500 ft, Damian's "turbulence" factor kicked in, and the plane rocked and rolled (controllably) down to about 2200 feet. KNQX came into sight (no ILS, I believe), and I disconnected AP, and brought her down to a wonderful Key West day. I got out (actually up from my computer chair), grabbed a well-deserved cup of coffee (still about 9:00am), and just looked at the plane sitting there. Wow....thanks again to all of you creative people who make this possible. Happy Holidays, Stan

Guest Kristiaan

Indeed, the hobby is keep alive by the hundreds of enhtousiast people who create addons for these flightsims in the past years. And a hope will keep that goin on for the comming years. One concern is that Microsoft is going to use a way diffrent method of displaying scenery