Sign in to follow this  
Guest altack

Bubble sextant user's handbook

Guest altack

This one is for Mark:since I want to brush up my astronav skill (never used after passing the written ATPL, even when flying the north pole...) I try to use your excellent bubble sextant with the R4D. It seems to be a dead link with the "short guide to celestial navigation" you mention (on the German website). Also when re-enacting the setup flight, at Norfolk, there is only a 4 hours spread between the local and zulu time on my screen...By the way, is there a printer-friendly version of this superb handbook ?To this point, I don't feel confident enough to cross the pound solely on this device but I sure will try my best to understand how to use it!Regards,Francois

Hi Francois, sorry, missed this earlier ...>seems to be a dead link with the "short guide to celestial>navigation" you mention (on the German website). Aha. Will check that out. Times move on. There's plenty of other stuff out there if you Google, mind you.>re-enacting the setup flight, at Norfolk, there is only a 4>hours spread between the local and zulu time on my screen...That's not us, that's you, methinks. Daylight time set correctly?>By the way, is there a printer-friendly version of this superb>handbook ?Don't think we did that, no. Haven't tried printing it myself, but it should be OK, I would have thought. I'll have a look at it myself to see if we might tidy that up for the future.>To this point, I don't feel confident enough to cross the>pond solely on this device but I sure will try my best to>understand how to use it!Piece of cake, LOL. Just don't get your head stuck in the astrodome when you're taking sights .....MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]