Sign in to follow this  

Sudden Ground Speed Problem

For no reason whatsoever, my aircraft show high airspeeds on the ground (Ground speed shows as normal and pitot heater on). Sometimes when I make a turn the aircraft crashes by tipping over and going through the ground and when I takeoff the aircraft rises almost vertically like a helicopter. Anybody else had this problem, before I re-install ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the feedback. I have now done a complete install and it is ok. The wind was n't the cause.

jerrycwo4A 'high ground speed' happen to me this morning but I just reinstalled the aircraft ( in the place where you select the aircraft to fly) and when it reinstalled, it was OK. Is this what you mean when you say you "reinstalled"? Are did you do a reinstall of Fs2002?jerry

Yes I did a clean complete install. The reason I did this aswell is so that I de-clutter some of the 'not so good' files that I have added. The only things that I save are 'my flights' and a few good aircraft. I have installed 'Ready for Pushback' 747-200, Dreamfleet 737-400 and Gary Summon's London Airports. Today I shall reinstall the Project AI aircraft. This problem started when I downloaded a 737 that uses the dreamfleet panel. That aircraft started the problem. I removed it but all of my other aircraft played up. I did ask if the author of the 737 file had a patch (in this forum),but I got no response. It was driving me nuts.Regards Nitram

jerrycwo4Sorry for your problems and I know that a COMPLETE reinstall is a MAJOR deal. I also know that the more 'items' that you install into FS2002, the MORE of a chance that things can go wrong. That why I ALWAYS use the "GO-BACK" program from "roxio" so I can 'fix' the problem if I catch it soon enough.jerry