Sign in to follow this  

Verdict on PSS Airbus series?

Guest jase439

Gary brings up a good point that may affect your purchase decision. I would not recommend this panel for WinDOS users. The resource manager in Win9x simply can't keep up with this panel. ALOT of people running WinDOS are having spurious resource related crashes. It's more of a limitation in the operating system than the product itself and likely not an issue that will be addressed by PSS seeings how they are done patching the bus at this point. You really need to be running Windows 2000 or XP to use this panel successfully.JPS. Some people do have this panel running under Win9x successfully, but it's pretty much a coin toss. There are alot of variables and environmental conditions which affect resource usage.

my $.02this is simply one of the BEST addon aircraft available, hands down, if you want to be involved with an airbus.As pointed out in a post above, many w98/me folks were disappointed with issues which could not be fixed. i am running the AB on W2000PRO with a PIII/866 and Gforce2mx400/64mb board. Runs fineFor all the nay-sayers with "pilots" who say it is not real, there are REAL pilots who say it is "REAL" (at least within the bounds of what can be done within the MSFS 2002 model) ... so believe who you want ... but there WILL ALWAYS BE NAYSAYERS .. easy to be a CRITICFor a few dollars, euros, francs, yen or whatever, you will get lots of interesting experiences with the PSS Airbus. A must have for your hanger!!!!

The PSS Airbus is one of the best addons around....PSS puts out great products except for the Piper Seneca. Otherwise, they are all very great buys.... I just got the Dash 8 and cannot wait to master it. There is a bit of a learning curve, but once learned, you will be more than satisfied.

Guest jase439

Yes. This is definitely one of those RTFM cases. If you can get your hands on a real A3xx POH, you'll benefit from reading that as well since many of the systems are so closely modelled. The bus is a strange critter to those used to flying Boeing jets. It takes a fair bit of acclimating before you're ready to go prime time.You should also read the post "Dampening Eratic Pitch Movements in the Airbus" in the PSS forum as well for more tips on how to improve the fluidity of the autopilot. PSS should have posted a whitepaper on this but did not. This thread is one of the few attempts to document an important undocumented feature of the product.J

The A320 is a wonderful aircraft. I'm glad PSS decided to model it. They did a really great job too. Yes the a320 is meant to be flown with autopilot mostly but when you want to fly manually it handles beautifully too. I highly recommend the PSS Airbus--it truly is a wonderful plane! :)