Sign in to follow this  

Question for Geofa

Hi Geofa,I'm a user of FS2002 and also Radar Contact 3.0 for IFR flights. I saw a comment of yours where you said each ATC does certain things well. What are the strengths of each? I'm real interested in your opinion -being a real pilot, you hear enough of the real thing to compare ;-).Thanks,Craig

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't know if I can give a complete compare-but here are a few things.Things I like about MS atc:-The voices sound more natural on ms-Ms's atis repeats like in real life-Ms you will get a taxi clearance with taxiways-Rc gives Always gives your position from a gate e.g. 14-ms will say at ga parking-I personally like the MS interface better-Vectors and spacing for approach better for GA flying on Ms-Rc will take you way out like a jet (there are workarounds)-Ms keeps you closer in -Ms most often will use the controlling agencies name (e.g. saginaw approach, lansing approach, Flint airport) Rc will say approach or Foxtrot November Tango-Ms interaction with outside traffic betterRc has many more options-such as:Ability to declare minimum fuel during enroute holds and delay vectorsRequest higher and lower altitudesPilot

Wow! I didn't expect such a comprehensive reply. Thank you!I've had the same experience with radar contact in GA aircraft as far as being sent way downwind, but I think there is a request short final command?Craig