Sign in to follow this  

Who has the best detailed airports of Spain

I would like to have a realistic rendition of Spain especially the airports which I fly to Real life.These are Malaga, Alicante, Madrid, Barcelona, San Sebastian and Bilbao.I have the Lago terrain mesh. Is there anything better?Is the work of Tony Agramont still the best as I also Remember a Spanish site which was quite good.ThanksPeter

They have a few Spanish Airports. Malaga is my most often visited but not in their list?Thanks for the linkPeter

Guest eko

Peter, being Spanish, I think I can help a bit here. :-) (I have Spain pretty decked out... hehe.)If you want to pay... simwings is top notch quality. Just from the screenshots you can tell the kind of craftsmanship that is present.Now, if you're a cheapo (like me), Toni Agramonts complete Spain scenery is a good bet... and definately better than the default. There is, however, one VERY annoying side effect of using his airports. He didn't use a proper flatten area on the taxiways. When you use his taxiways/aprons, the sim thinks you are riding on dirt. Which you are, since the flatten areas are not set correctly.That being said, his airports are pretty accurate, and look quite nice. Malaga is particularly good, I must confess.He's got quite a few updates to his sceneries, the latest of which adds a myriad of small towns and monuments, etc. I have found these to be a big drain on frame rates, so I went through and deleted any BGL's which were not airports. In essence, I am only using his airport files, and not his additional monuments, city, etc. additions. This produces excellent framerates, and I rely on Burkharts landclass for the "realism". (Something which was worth the money... his European land class set.)Now, if you want to really get the bells and whistles out for Malaga (which is my home town, BTW.), you should install Angel Alba's Malaga airport. This is a VERY detailed scenery for Malaga airport... and I can tell you from first hand experience, that it is 100% faithful and accurate. Downside? Horrendous frame rates, at least for me. Still, I would install it and see for yourself what Malaga airport can look like in the sim.Here is the link: http://www.mundofree.com/aalba/index.htmlBefore I keep going on and on about other Spanish enhancements, I'll let you try those suggestions out. There are other enhancements (particularly in the mesh area... TerraMesh and Josiah Hauts meshes are both good. Terramesh is superior, but costs money.), but those are your best bets for airports... IMHO.PSHere is the link to the main Malaga page:http://perso.wanadoo.es/lemg/index0.htmlYou need to download V42 first, before you do the 45 and 46 updates.While I'm at it... here are a couple of other goodies.http://www.simuvuelo.org/escenarios/escenarios02.htmhttp://members.fortunecity.es/fsmadrid/

Hello,Thanks for the heads up on those spanish sceneries.It seems there's a very nice Barajas scenery,but i can't download it.Anybody has a different link?ThanksRichardsorry just read another thread about that same problem i have..

Guest eko

Hold the presses! Angel Alba's V45 of his Malaga airport brings full compatability to FS2002 and greatly improves the FPS. I just installed the update, and it is a noticeable improvement. Finally, all the static aircraft are GONE! He's removed all the statics to make room for AI traffic. There were some extra portions of scenery around the coast that i didn't care for, but those were easy to remove by renaming the appropriate BGL file if you want to do that.It comes with an AFCAD overlay as well, which is nice. I've tweaked the overlay to add even more gates, and here's a nice little cap for you all to see. That is all custom AI traffic... no static planes. The line up and park at the gates beautifully.Peter, since you fly there regularly, you have to admit it is quite accurate. :-)

Peter,If you want to venture off to the left slightly ;) you must get the wonderful LIMC Malpensa from IFDS. Personally I think this is some of the best scenery I've seen and that includes payware.

EcoMany thanks for the headsup. Angel Albas Malaga looks good if I can manage to understand the install ;-)Peter