Sign in to follow this  
Guest Orbiter Fan

Space Shuttle complete aerodynamic data sheets

Guest Orbiter Fan

Hello.Does anyone know where I might get complete aerodynamic data sheets for the Space Shuttle orbiters? As you might not know, there is gonna be an updated atmospheric flight model in the next version of ORBITER. And there will be functional aerodynamic flight control surfaces in the next version as well as animated control surfaces. Currently the Atlantis space shuttle that will make use of the new flight model is using pure guess-work numbers to make it able to fly. It would really be appriciated if someone could post any links to sites that do have complete aerodynamic data sheets for the Space Shuttle orbiters.

Guest movieman

There's a URL mentioned in the Usenet post at:http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=nitsm...m&output=gplainbut the contents of the file are all gibberish to me :).You could possibly try mailing Mary Shafer directly and see if she has other suggestions if that doesn't help, she always seemed nice and knowledgeable when we were both on a mailing list a few years back. A realistic shuttle aerodynamic sim might be the kind of thing she'd like to help with.

Guest sp2

>Hello.>>Does anyone know where I might get complete aerodynamic data>sheets for the Space Shuttle orbiters? As you might not know,>there is gonna be an updated atmospheric flight model in the>next version of ORBITER. And there will be functional>aerodynamic flight control surfaces in the next version as>well as animated control surfaces. Currently the Atlantis>space shuttle that will make use of the new flight model is>using pure guess-work numbers to make it able to fly. It would>really be appriciated if someone could post any links to sites>that do have complete aerodynamic data sheets for the Space>Shuttle orbiters.>Movieman,No problemo partner . . . I've collected data on this "bird" for the last 10 years, and was working out the nominal trajectory for X-Plane (author Austin Meyers). Check out his web page URL : www.x-plane.com to verify my name there. Go to the "Flying the Shuttle" link, at bottom of web page . Anyways, I hope I can help for this worthy cause, I too was going to develop the FULL REENTRY guidance routine in C++ for Orbiter, using NASA's data, but bogged down by life's other problems, so it went to the BACK burner so to say. Like they say . . MORE brains are better than ONE ! Drop me an email for what you need, I'll try to respond ASAP. Good Luck!!Sandy sandy@techcraze.com

Guest sp2

Sorry OrbiterFan, I'm kinda "new" to the forum thing, I didn't look to see who was at top of message thread !

Guest sp2

Orbiter Fan,:-samurai No problemo . . . I've collected data on this "bird" for the last 10 years, and was working out the nominal trajectory for X-Plane (author Austin Meyers). Check out his web page URL : www.x-plane.com to verify my name there. Go to the "Flying the Shuttle" link, at bottom of web page . Anyways, I hope I can help for this worthy cause, I too was going to develop the FULL REENTRY guidance routine in C++ for Orbiter, using NASA's data, but bogged down by life's other problems, so it went to the BACK burner so to say. Like they say . . MORE brains are better than ONE ! Drop me an email for what you need, I'll try to respond ASAP. Good Luck!!Sandy sandy@techcraze.com