Sign in to follow this  
Guest BigJimW

Which sky looks more realistic

Guest BigJimW

I wanted to post this here so you can let me know which sky looks more realistic in Orbiter, since you guys are into Flight Sims.Tweeking the sky settings, I came up with a pretty good view. Here are two pictures of a plane flying at it's cruising altitude of 10 Kilometers (Yes, Orbiter now has aircraft with it's new flight models! It's no longer "just" a Space Simulator!)Both pictures were taken at the same time, so the time of day (around mid day), angle of picture, etc, are identical.The file Sky-Default (Attachment #1) is the default sky setting in Orbiter. Looks kinda dark and no blue whatsoever. The file Sky-New (Attachment #2) is my new settings.Thanks!

Guest BigJimW

Actually, I tweeked the values some and came up with a much better sky!It went from this (Orbiter default at 30,000 feet)sky-default1.jpgTo this!sky-new4.jpgHeres a couple of pictures of a commercial jet ready for a dusk takeoff. (Just for the heck of it)plane1.jpgplane2.jpg