Sign in to follow this  

Taxi Speed gauge (Morad Flight Systems)

I have installed this gauge (available as taxi-speed_control_gauge.zip on www.avsim.com) and it works wonderfully.I have two questions.1. Is it possible to put it in it

jerrycwo4 A close subject. A few months ago I read about a download that would stop the surface winds from effecting the aircraft while on the ground, while it was taxing. I cann't remember what it was are where to get it. Does anyone know about this 'download' and whereI can get it? Thakksjerry

>I have installed this gauge (available as >taxi-speed_control_gauge.zip on www.avsim.com) and it works >wonderfully. >>I have two questions. I can only help you with the first question I'm afraid.>1. Is it possible to put it in it

Guest rogue1

FSUIPC has an option for that. You can even assign a hot-key.Jim

jerrycwo4For Adrian,I see in the above post you talk about the "AImap". When it first came out a lot of people had trouble with it effecting Fs2002 in 'bad' way. I installed it in a couple A/C and didn't have any trouble. Since then I have changed FSUIPC a coulple times and then I installed it in the Falcon 50 jet and when I tried to use "AImap" it gave me all kinds of trouble so I uninstalled it. I went back to the Avsim library and the file did NOT appear to have been updated and as far as I know the author of it has just left it the way it originally was and dissapeared. I really loved that gauge!!!! How is it working for you? Have you modified it in anyway or found a way to make it more 'stable'? Has anyone else? Below is what AIMAP looks like. Thanks' jerry

Jerry,RE: AIMapI really like it too, it's got some really useful features.I've never had any problems with it at all and I'm still running the original version I downloaded back then, unmodified. I've rebuilt my system from scratch twice since the first time I installed AIMap and it still never gave me problems. I run FS in full screen mode and have AIMap undocked on a second monitor. I've dragged it, dropped it, stretched it and squashed it and it still survives. :-) I'm running Windows XP Pro.I mostly use it with the transparent Spotters Plane when I'm playing around with AI traffic so I can check that the AI pilots are behaving themselves, but I've also installed it into a number of "real" aircraft and it's been fine, even running alongside FS Navigator. I don't have the Falcon 50 so I can't comment on that. I've also updated FSUIPC a number of times without any effect on AIMap.Basically, it worked out of the box for me and I could never understand why so many people had problems with it. I do try to give Flight Sim as much room to move as possible by killing all unnecessary background processes. Maybe I just exude(sp?) good karma when I'm flight simming. :-)RegardsAdrian

jerrycwo4Thanks for the good info. As I said, I really like that gauge also and it worked OK at first while a lot of other people were having problems. I think the info I put into the panal.cfg is a little differant than what you give in the example above ( for another reason). If you could, could you paste the data from the panal.cgf file for the AImap and I will try it again. I don't want to give up on it yet. Thanks, jerry