Sign in to follow this  
Ramasurinen

Multiplayer feature idea/request....

Hi Tim. I guess you're the person to ask about this? I was wondering if ACES had considered any kind of aircraft substitution aliasing system for FSX multiplayer?The reason I ask is that with the complexity of addon aircraft constantly rising, it would be really nice to have the ability to directly control substitutions of aircraft in the game. For example, some method of forcing someone who brings in an ultra high poly F-18 etc, to appear as a low poly version or another aircraft completely on the screens of other players. Would it be hard to have FSX record each aircraft variant that has appeared in a session in some sort of text file, where you could then declare an alias aircraft for that particular model for future sessions? Much as aircraft can share panels by aliasing I think this would be a huge help on framerate in large multiplayer sessions, especially for those who enjoy formation flying.Thanks for reading.PS: If anyone knows of a way to do this currently, I'd be very interested to hear about it.Cheers,Mike

Hi Mike,Currently we either load the same exact aircraft (if you have it), or we attempt to find the nearest match based on certain criteria (aircraft size, engine type, number of engines, max speed, etc). We don't have any sort of user adjustable aliasing system at this time, but please send an email to the tell_fs@microsoft.com address (or use the feedback form on the http://www.fsinsider.com site) and it will get added to our list of stuff to consider for a future version.As to the high poly count models, if the model has proper LODs defined, then as they get further away from you the poly count for the model should go down accordingly.

Guest Shalomar

I see a lot of helicopters substituted by Caravans; Piagio Avantis and King Airs. Where is the similarity in that? :)Best Regards, Donny:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest N6722c

>I see a lot of helicopters substituted by Caravans; Piagio>Avantis and King Airs. Where is the similarity in that? :)>>Best Regards, Donny:-wave>>>FLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be>wrong.Nothing spoils the "AS REAL AS YOU CAN GET" effect than a Caravan Hovering 50 feet above the airport !!!

Guest N6722c

>Hi Mike,>>Currently we either load the same exact aircraft (if you have>it), or we attempt to find the nearest match based on certain>criteria (aircraft size, engine type, number of engines, max>speed, etc). We don't have any sort of user adjustable>aliasing system at this time, but please send an email to the>tell_fs@microsoft.com address (or use the feedback form on the>http://www.fsinsider.com site) and it will get added to our>list of stuff to consider for a future version.>>As to the high poly count models, if the model has proper LODs>defined, then as they get further away from you the poly count>for the model should go down accordingly.>>Until such time that this is implimented, would a possible "temporary" solution be to :For a given non-standard aircarft that does not "resolve" correctly to the closest aircraft that you do have :-(a) Make a copy of that Closest Aircraft.(:( Change the Description (or whatever) so that FSX thinks this is the non-standard aircraft.© Optionally, make a new Graphic file for it, so it shows up and is identifiable as this FAKE plane when viewing Aircraft selection.(d) IF you ever get the real aircarft, or a better equivalent, then delete or make the necessary changes.Yes, some form of text Config file to do FORCED matching would be easier, but the above is not that difficult to do, and would at least prevent "Floating caravans", if you took the time to take care of them.