Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

Fixing multiplayer problems...

Guest PPSFA

I fly in MP almost exclusivly, with the same crowd, almost everyday, and we hardly ever have a problem with Gamespy. The one issue some of us do have is connecting to a lobby. Once in a while someone has to constantly keep reconnecting until it lets them past the 'Local Area Network' and into the lobby we use. Most of the ones with the problem are connecting from overseas and usually if they just sit there for a minute or two they are then let in.However once they are in the session, we seldom have any other problems, and I think I now know why, after a new problem popped up yesterday. Two of us were sharing a 737, with me as FO. The other pilot wanted to learn some procedures, so he was flying as PIC. I run FSX on 2 computers, one as Tower and that machine hosts, and the second machine so I can also fly in the same session.Normally, we use teamspeak for voice comms, as we found out long ago that the built-in voice comms in FSX don't work all that well. Yesterday, I decided to try again, now that SP2 is out, and enabled the ingame voice comms. It was a disaster. Things that normally worked, stopped working. His throttles wouldnt respond, gauges didnt show the correct readings, etc.We swapped positions and still had the same problems. After 10 minutes of pulling our collective hairs out, I shut down the session, disabled the ingame voice comms, and WHAM..... everything was back to normal.For those that are having any problems in MP, and use the built in voice comms, you might try using an external program and see if your problems clear up, or at least minimize.Hopes this helps someone.

Thanks much for info. I will give this a try because of all the share cocpit problems my friend and I have been having. Is Teamspeak setup fairly easy to set up? I just download Teamspeak2.Thanks again.erv KSDF

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Guest PPSFA

You only need the Teamspeak client if you already have a TS server to connect to. Otherwise one of you needs to install the TS server as well. Its free for non commercial use. Check their website for details.

Thanks much. We plan to fly this afternoon to check it out. One thing I need to figure out is how to program my CH Yoke button 2 to transmitter mic.Thanks again for your direction!erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Guest PPSFA

TS defaults to voice activated, I use PTT and use the CTRL key, I dont think you can program to the stick, if you can, great.