Sign in to follow this  
Erv Moore

Share Aircraft Engine Problem - no response

Question regarding multiplay, have you heard of this problem? No engine response after re-transferring aircraft control back to host on ground. Here is a detail list of problem.>> 1) Using Gamespy Multiplay share aircraft and ASX/G weather.> 2) I'm host with share aircraft capability.> 3) Start mission on ground at KTYS.> 4) Transfer aircraft control to share pilot at parking spot.> 5) Taxi, take-off from KTYS, and landed & taxi at 24A (airport altitude is 2,841).> 6) Transfer control back to me (host) at parking spot. Problem: Engine would not respond to throttle movement on Host computer except Fuel Flow(engine and engine instruments remained at idle including engine sound). However, on shared computer the engine instruments showed high power setting including sound & propeller rotation. Double checked all switches & controls on host and share computers to make sure no configuration changes or problems. During this time, the engine stopped twice and had to be re-started on host computer.> 7) Transferred control back to share pilot, took off and leveled off at 5,000 feet. Transferred back to me (host) and aircraft functioned properly until after landing at next airport in flight plan. After landing and during taxing to parking, the engine started loosing power even with throttle at full power during taxi. Aircraft came to stop on the taxiway.> 8) Transferred aircraft back to share pilot, all was well. Shared pilot made a take-off with no problems.Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!>erv KSDF>> Host Computer: Intel Core 2 X6800(3.22), P5W Deluxe, Coolmax 650W, D11800 4G, two 74G/WD 10,000 drives, ASU 1900XT/512 Card, CoolMaster TAC-T01,Creative Sound Card, USB Logitech 350 Headset with Mic, Samsung 22" LCD,Win XP Home Edition SP1, FSX SP2 - Acceleration, RealAirSF260 & Citabria, Decathlon & Scout, LD767, ActiveSkyX/Graphics SP2, Ultimate TerrainX USA & CH product Flight Yoke/Pedals.

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Guest PPSFA

Does this happen everytime? I fly MP daily and dont recall this happening, however, I have to say, using Gamespy is a crapshoot. You never know what is going to work or not everytime you login. I hope they get this stabilized someday, as it can get really frustrating.Unfortunatly, it seems there is very little interest from the powers that be to address any issues with MP. If you contact MS they say its Gamespy problem, if you contact Gamespy, a week later they say its a MS problem. I have learned to just live with it, but man I hate having to.

Guest N6722c

>Does this happen everytime? I fly MP daily and dont recall>this happening, however, I have to say, using Gamespy is a>crapshoot. You never know what is going to work or not>everytime you login. I hope they get this stabilized someday,>as it can get really frustrating.>>Unfortunatly, it seems there is very little interest from the>powers that be to address any issues with MP. If you contact>MS they say its Gamespy problem, if you contact Gamespy, a>week later they say its a MS problem. I have learned to just>live with it, but man I hate having to.>You do NOT have to "live with it".Do NOT log into gamespy.. Use a LAN Username, and then connect to the Host via DIRECT IP.The only minor disadvantage is that the Host has to make their IP available to other players, which could make some host with security worries, uncomfortable.

Guest PPSFA

Actually, we have tried to use LAN numerous times, including today as well. Following the instructions exactly as printed, we have never been able to cconnect using it. I suspect it has to do with routers, but after another 2 hours of messing with it, we gave up again.

Hello guys,I agree that using Gamespy is a crapshoot and I will agree also that I'm no expert when it comes to the net, routers, & IPs. I suspect my brother & I have a router problem even though I have checked and douple checked my system with Linksys software but we have a real problem sometime connecting and joining in gamespy and even other servers.We found a flight sim site(http:ccflyingclub.hobby-site.com with Teamspeak - Teamspeak is one great program)that seems to work well with many options I like including being able to use FS2002, 2004 & FSX(FSX requires program FSHostClient 1.1 - this is a great program as well). If you haven't already you may want to check it out. The process and program is alot better than using gamespy, my opinion. All the information and how to do it is on the site - if I can do it, anyone can. One thing I don't understand about it is that not a lot of people use it, maybe because not a lot of folks know about it.Good luck Multiplayers, I love it but it can really be a bear. MY brother and I (both old Air Force guys) use it for flight training. Great when it works.Take care, erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.