Sign in to follow this  
LUFTY

Selecting Stand when using Multiplayer Mode

Dear AllIf you use Multiplayer mode there seems to be no way to select a stand to start from.All the options are there however when the session starts it is always on the active runway.Does anyone have a solution to this ?Many thanksLufty

Guest Redvan

when selecting airport you can select where to spawn. Options are runways and gates.

It depends if you're hosting the game or not. If you're hosting, as it currently stands, it doesn't matter where you select to start from, you start on the active runway, always. If you're joining a game, most of the time selecting a gate or parking spot works, unless someone else is occupying it. Sometimes FSX just wigs out though and starts you in the air over the airport no matter what you do. Possibly because your aircraft is too large for the spot you chose.Cheers,Mike

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest apollothethird

It's definitely a bug, an oversight by the developers. I brought it up before on simflight.com. One of the users said it was Microsoft's way of blocking or making it complicated for people to use a server like VATSIM. They won't people to only use Gamespy.However, I see the bug just as annoying to the Gamespy users as it is to the VATSIM users. I can't see a definite plan to have a feature with setup parameters and no matter what you set, you still have no idea where you're going to spawn until you spawn.The user also told me my timing was wrong to bring it up because it was just released. Personally I couldn't imagine a better time since they still had months to fix the bugs, while still in the development for SP1.Hopefully some of the developers will look at this and address it for the upcoming DX10 patch.I have lots of suggestions, but will try to keep it down to the most serious bugs, in hope for some focus on the matter.-- L. James--L. D. Jamesljames@apollo3.comwww.apollo3.com/~ljames