Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

Dissapointment with ActiveSkyWxRe

jerrycwo4Last night I purchased and installed the above wx program. I have read a LOT of really good press about it. I had been using "Weather Center Expert 1.01", before this. I was happy with this program but kept reading about all of the good features of ActiveSky that I decided to give it a try. It (ActiveSky), comes with a 59 page instruction manual and I am only up to page 20 in it, but I think I have it installed and adjusted it properly. The MAIN disappoint, and the only thing I didn't like about my older Wx program was how it would JUMP (in 1-2 seconds) from Clear to Cloudy, are in reverse. My old program did this. I THOUGHT that Active Sky was supposed to fix it, but after two flights with ActiveSky, it ALSO JUMPS from clear to cloudy in 1-2 seconds !! Is there an adjustment that I might have missed? Is there anyone out there that will tell me that your version takes anywhere from 10 seconds to 10 minutes for the transfermation between CLEAR and CLOUDY ??I also thinks that my Falcon 50 that I fly JUMPS/ BOUNCES and /or BUCKs MORE when taxing with the ActiveSky than with the "Weather Center" so I am searching for reason to keep using the Active Sky program.You comments or ideas please. Thanks,jerry

Guest Ken Meier

Jerry,What you are seeing sometimes just happens no matter what settings you have. Damian said that if you are within 2000 feet of the clouds or overcast it is to be expected. He is working to make it better.There is a forum for ActiveSky here on Avsim that I am sure Damian keeps a close watch over. Go there and re-state your question and I am sure you will get an answer in short order.Most of the time my transitions are gradual, but I also see what you do as well.Ken

I'm sorry to here it is not working well for you. I got it a couple days ago and have yet experience a jump in weather or experienced ground problems. I guess that is how things go with these add-ons. As of right now im extremely impressed with activesky and thoroughly enjoy it. I hope you iron things out. the guys from the activesky beta team should be able to give you a few pointers on the activesky forum.Good luckdave

Please make sure your FSUIPC settings are correct and please read pp. 30-31 of the manual.