Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Anti-Aliasing after Omega Driver Updates - Solution

Hi,This may be old news to all you pros out there. Nevertheless, I thought this info might be helpful for those of you who may have been experiencing difficulties enabling A-A following an Omega driver update.I can only speak for the Omega versions of the Catalyst drivers with reference to my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB. Normally I do a full uninstall of graphic drivers before installing updates, so it might explain why this issue has not cropped up before now. On this occasion, just for the hell of it, I thought I would install ver 2.5.36b over 2.5.36a. These are based on the 4.4 Cats. All went well with the installation. Following a reboot, I updated my fs9.cfg and fired up the sim for a second time only to find there was no anti-aliasing :( Normally I have A-A set to x4 and AF to x8 in the Driver Display Control Panel and on inspection those settings were apparently preserved following the driver update. I say "apparently" for this proved in fact not to be the case. This was despite a flawless set of results with dxdiag.I discovered that after updating Omega drivers in this way (recommended by Omega himself) it appears to be necessary to first restore and "Apply" the default settings by clicking on "Defaults" on the Direct3D page. I am assuming the same will apply to OpenGL. Following this action I okayed my way out of Display Properties and then returned to re-establish my normal settings. Bingo, that did the trick and A-A has remained stable since.Mike