Sign in to follow this  

Windows XP and 3d Party Aircraft

I recently got a new computer with WinXP. When I try to run certain aircraft in FS2002 I get the dreaded '3d party software error message .. read the Readme file in FS2002'. (I did!!) The error refers to the .MDL file.Here is the kicker .. I ran these aircraft successfully on my old computer with Win98 and FS2002 so the only difference I can see is the OS.Would anyone have any ideas on why this is and possibly a fix?The aircraft .. an Air Canada DC-9 by Project Freeware (for FS2000) a Dash 8 by Barry Blaisdell (for FS2000)I know both where made for FS2000 but again, they worked fine in FS2002 and Win98. This error has also appeared on some FS98 designed aircraft.TIAVern

Thank you for the info William .. it did the trick.All the bestVern