Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Video card issues ati 9800 pro shaky trees and building edges (corners)

Why do i get this.I'm running a p4 3.0ghz system 1 gig ram and all latest drivers trees seem to shimmer alot and building corners rooftops too seem to have a scenery flicker. My mipmap is on 4. Please help!!!

Guest SoarPics

Welcome to the forums.What drivers are you using? What tweaker are you using to adjust them? What are your settings (in sim and in the tweaker).In the sim check to make sure that Trilinear Filtering is checked (by default the sim sets Bilinear after it sees a driver change).Hope this helps,Greg

Guest SoarPics

Might be time for a driver sweeping. http://www.driverheaven.net/On the upper left menu download DriverCleaner. Follow the directions in the ReadMe.Have you tried Omega's drivers? The Cat's are good, but I like the Omega's better. Just tonight he uploaded a new version based on the ATI 8.07 Beta's. If your card has 256MB of memory you might try the 2.5.90's (based on the 8.07 Beta). If it's a 128MB version the 2.5.76's work very well.Once installed use Omega's desktop tweaker (actually it is a version of Radlinker, and it works great) to set-up the card. Try these settings and see how you like them:4xAA (T2 and T3 are of little use in MSFS)16xAF ForcedTexture Preference and Mipmap Detail level at "High Quality"Truform at OffWait for V-Synch at Default OnSmartShader at No EffectA.I. at NormalGood luck,Greg

I guess i need to play with the tweaker as far as a driver sweep i always do one i use driver cleaner. I never had a different video card either and i always uninstall and install a fresh driver.So i don't know what else to do its been months i'm battling this problem with no success. Thanks!

Guest Turnbull2000

Have you ensured that the Mip-mapping setting within FS9 is set to 4?

Guest allcott

>Why do i get this.>>I'm running a p4 3.0ghz system 1 gig ram and all latest>drivers trees seem to shimmer alot and building corners>rooftops too seem to have a scenery flicker. My mipmap is on>4. >Please help!!!Try a different screen resolution. Leave all other settings the same.Allcott