Sign in to follow this  
ega

Move Fs9 to new PC

Hi,I have just upgraded to a new PC. I am eager to re-install all my favorite addons - Activesky, LDS-767, PMDG-747 and 737, etc. - on the new PC. I wonder how is the best procedure to reinstall all the addons.I am considering to install Fs9 on the new PC, rename the directory, and then copy the Fs9 directory from the old to the new computer. Has anyone done that before? I wonder whether it works like this; probably I will have to re-install the software using, when possible, the re-install key (are the original license key files hardcoded to the hardware??.)I would appreciate if someone that has already gone through this process could share some information.Thanks in advanceEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest allcott

That sounds like the best way to do it. You WILL need to reinstall some software as you are exactly right - licences are often tied to the hardware, so change the hardware, change the licence.All Flight 1 wrapper products definitely will need reinstalling, but not all developers use the same key system, so others may not. It's really best to reinstall anyway, as it updates the Registry locations which can be important of updates and install paths later on.Before you start, it's also a good idea to have a look through this forum as if you have separate hard drives, you might want to make changes to the way FS is placed on the computer. It's best to plan first, act later, or else its easy to get confused.Allcott