Sign in to follow this  
Guest Capholland

GA maker problems still

I downloaded and installed the new exe for GA maker(1,1.6) and now I can get to my airports and make a traffic file for them. It puts it all in the right place and then I use Tcompiler in Ttools to recompile. Everything appears to work ok. Now the GA maker plans the AI to some non tower controlled airports even so. No big deal, i use AFCAD to put a tower on the fields I see in the traffic file for my airport. I check the flight plans and look at ALL the airports and If they do not have towers than I add them using AFCAD. Now is where I have a problem. In AFCAD I can see most of the airports. Do a search or find it in the airports list from the drop down menu. I select it and there it is..whoops..no it aint. I checked Norwood MA, Manchester NH, and Lawrence MA and there were NO airports when I selected them in AFCAD, just a blank white AFCAD window and all options greyed out. Now what is up with that? Next question would be in the flight plans, can I just substitute working towered airports for the ones that dont have them (or I cant edit) or will the plans be dorked up due to time of flight and distance If I change them. I really want this to work but its geting pretty frustrating. I am finishing up my scenery for where I learned how to fly in NH and would love to see some traffic come and go there and a few other places. Maybe someone else can see if they can get traffic working at 8B1(Hawthorne Feather, Hillsboro NH.) and then tell me exactly what you did to make that happen. Im at a loss right now. Im gonna ask this and check some AFCAD sites to see about the non opening airport issue.Hornit

> Now is where I have a problem. In AFCAD I can see most of >the airports. Do a search or find it in the airports list >from the drop down menu. I select it and there it >is..whoops..no it aint. I checked Norwood MA, Manchester NH, >and Lawrence MA and there were NO airports when I selected >them in AFCAD, just a blank white AFCAD window and all >options greyed out. I'm not quite sure what you are saying here. Maybe you could give me the airport codes you are trying to locate in AFCAD, and I'll try it myself.>> Now what is up with that? Next question would be in the >flight plans, can I just substitute working towered airports >for the ones that dont have them (or I cant edit) or will >the plans be dorked up due to time of flight and distance If >I change them. That's what I did. I think it is working, but have no way of knowing for sure if all the flightplans I changed this way work.> I really want this to work but its geting pretty >frustrating. I am finishing up my scenery for where I >learned how to fly in NH and would love to see some traffic >come and go there and a few other places. >> Maybe someone else can see if they can get traffic working >at 8B1(Hawthorne Feather, Hillsboro NH.) and then tell me >exactly what you did to make that happen. Im at a loss right >now. Im gonna ask this and check some AFCAD sites to see >about the non opening airport issue. > Give me codes for a few other smaller airports within, say 100 nm, that you want traffic with, and I'll give it a shot. Meanwhile, for a "birds-eye" view of what AI traffic you've succeeded in creating, look in the file library here for a little program called "AI Tactical Display." Remember that GA_Maker is less than a week old. So be patient with it. I think it has a lot of promise. I've got AI traffic at several smaller airports now that I'm flying to and from in Alaska, and quite of bit of AI traffic in the Anchorage area (some is default, some is what I've created). But I don't seem to have as much as I would expect from the number of flight plans I've created, so my next task is to figure out why that is. Meanwhile, I'm going to email the author of GA_Maker and see if he'll get more involved in the threads here.-Basil>Hornit

Guest dcc

I had a lot of trouble getting it to work too, but here's what I ended up doing. Since I was only interested in getting some GA traffic at a small airport in central Illinois, I modified the GA_TOWER.txt to include only about 10 specific airports within about 150 km that I knew had towers (KORD, KPIA, KSTL, etc.). Then I added a tower, tower frequency and about 10 parking spaces to my small airport via AFCAD, copied the airport entry from the TTools airports.txt to the GA_TOWER.txt and then ran GA_Maker. Since GA_Maker was only aware of 10 airports (all towered... and I knew exactly which ones they were) it was fail-safe and now I've got a busy little GA airport!- dcc

That's pretty clever. I may try something like that for the next airport I add AI flightplans for.-Basil

Here is what was going on in AFCAD for me last night. I was working the problem with my little airport and wondering why flights were not showing up using GA maker(found out why see my latest thread!) I was using AFCAD to check the flight plan airports to see if they had a tower or not. Specifically I opened KMHT, KLWM, KOWD, and KORH these are Manchester NH, Lawrence muni MA. Norwood MA. and Worcester MA. Now I know they all have towers in the real world and in the sim! Afcad was showing me a BLANK window after doing the search and select function. Im talking about the window you see showing the runways and nodes/parking spots graphic. I have no idea why this was happening. I went and checked this morning and all these airports show up properly. I am wondering if this is some kind of bug? Or just an issue with memory. I was mesing with Airport 2.6, AFCAD, and running FS at the same time. Just thought I would through that out for anyone else who might be having a problem.Hornit

Guest Capholland

Hi Hornit.1 - GA Traffic Maker 1.1.6. will by default only generate AI traffic to towered airports. (The list of towered airports was generated using AI Traffic Browser, available from the AVSIM file library, but if the list contains airports that aren't towered, I apologize. If you know of an airport in GA_TOWER.TXT that DOESN'T have a tower, let me know, and I'll remove it for future upgrades.) 2 - If you generate the flight plans using the "All airports" option, then a list will be printed at the end of your flight plans containing ALL non-towered airports used. In other words, if you DID use the "All airports" option (which is the only way plans will be generated to non-towered airports) you shouldn't have to check ALL your destinations to make sure they have a tower or not, only the ones listed at the end of your generated flight plan file.3 - About substituting other destination airports for airports that don't seem to be working, you can do this. The TTools compiler will automatically calculate the appropriate arrival time for whatever airport is in that list. But if you do replace any destinations, I recommend replacing them with the NEAREST available towered airport to keep the flight time as close to the original as possible.4 - Are you having problems GENERATING traffic for 8B1 (_8B1) or are you having trouble SEEING the traffic that is generated?I see some of your issues have already been resolved. I hope this answers some of your other questions.- Caphollandhttp://caphollands.fsgateway.comhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg