Sign in to follow this  

GA maker solutions

Here is what I did to make GA maker work. First get the latest version 1.1.6 Install as per the readme. You need to do exactly what it says, it works. You have to have Ttools and AFCAD is a good idea too. I have it working ok now which is great! I have GA traffic at my own airport with my own scenery. First you will follow the instructions on generating flight plans with GA maker. When its finished you go into the Ttools folder and find the GA txt file generated for your airport. Make sure you have an updated airports txt and aircraft txt in Ttools by running the appropriate programs in there. Now you need to check out the flight plans in the txt file generated for your airport. Check all the airports and list them on a piece of paper. Now open AFCAD and find each airport listed in the flight plans and check to see if it has a tower. If not add it and save each airport. Next you have to cut and paste the flight plan section of the .txt file for your new airport and paste it to the huge flightplans file found in Ttools. Save this and then run the traffic compiler again. This is key and I was NOT doing this. I have never used Ttools before and did not understand how it worked until I had read through it and saw how it did things. I think I was assuming that GA maker was doing this critical step for me when obviously it was not. I went into flight sim and enabled traffic..and VIOLA! three airplanes at my airport and one firing up to taxi! That is the only way I got it to work. I do not recall seeing this critical step in the readme for GA maker. Mr. Holland has a great little program here and it makes it very easy to add traffic at the uncontrolled fields, which really brings things to life. Please keep up the great work and thanks for a super add-on! It has to be one of the better ones to come out for FS!Hornit