Sign in to follow this  

I'm getting serious sound stuttering...Please Help...

I had a new HDD installed due to a virus. Now every time I use FS, I get sound stutters. The wav seems to get stuck for a few seconds. I'm also getting a lot more HDD activity and as a result my sim gets jerky. I did not have this problem before the new HDD was installed and WinMe re-installed. As far as I can tell, most of the settings are the same. I NEVER had this problem on my old system.I have a question about WinMe and ram. I was told that WinMe could and would not use more than 512 MB. I had 786MB on my old system and it worked just fine but it was PC-133 SDRAM. I now use DDR333.I ask this because I get REALLY low on ram when I'm running FS and RadarContact. Could this be contributing to HDD access and sound stutters.I do have updated drivers for my sound card.As I said, I did not have this problem before the new HDD and WinMe re-install. Generally performance seems poorer since the re-install - fps are down a bit and drop more than they did before when going into dense scenery.old sys:Athlon 1.1786 MB ramGeForce4 TI4200New sys:P4 2.4512DDR333GeForce4 TI4200Any help appreciated.Thanks, Adam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

RAM -http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q181862http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;q253912http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];Q108079Sound -Open DirectX Diagnostic, start, run, type "DxDiag", OK. Select the Sound tab, test directsound, troubleshoot any problems, try setting your Hardware Sound Acceleration Level to a lower level. Within FS2002, Options, Settings, Sound, try setting your sound quality to a lower level.Lastly, did you update all the drivers for your controller chips, i.e., VIA, Intel, Sis, AMD, ALi, etc; sound; graphics adapter; NICs, Modems, etc. after you reinstalled WinME. The default drivers on your WinME CD have been superceded many times over since WinME was released. You should also visit the Microsoft Update Website and install all the updates pertaining to your OS.

Thanks you for the help. I will update all drivers as you suggest. I'll also set the sound quality down and try that.Adam

Adam, you have my sympathy, I to run virtually the same set up as you and I have been plagued with problem and have tried everything and anything to no avail. It could be to do with sound blaster live cards but i think its a memory leak where i do no know. All i do know is iam just about out of ideas let me know if you find the magic cure.Very best of luck.RB211