Sign in to follow this  
Guest HuckD

FSX installation error on Disk 2 - Please help....

Guest HuckD

I've just received FSX Deluxe Edition. I cannot get the game to install. Disk 1 proceeds without error, then it asks for Disk 2. I insert the DVD #2 into the same drive. I see a black window open up with the title of "dvdcheck.exe", and after a couple of seconds it closes. After about 20-30 more seconds I'm prompted to "Please insert the disk: FSX Disk 2" again, with OK and Cancel options. It will not read Disk 2!What I've done:I've tried both BENQ DW1650 drives on the system: D and E.I've had a friend install the program, without incident, on his computer. No we didn't activate it. And, btw, when he uninstalled it it screwed up his installation of FS 2004. We assume this verifies that the DVD's themselves are good.I've installed an older Pioneer DVD drive (as F:) and retried the installation with the same error.I've flashed the two BENQ dvd drives with updated (November, 2006) firmware.I've removed my Flash drive from the USB port.I've pulled a large chunk of my hair out after at least 12 attempts to install this sim.I need some suggestions on what to try next.Here's a description of my system:AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ dual core processor.ASUS A8N32-SLI mother board. Not running SLI.Two GeForce 7900 GT cards.2 gig of OCZ Titanium memory.Western Digital 7200 SATA 320 GB.2 BenQ DW1650 DVD Burners.1 Pioneer 115 DVD drive.Windows XP Pro, with all updates current EXCEPT Explorer 7.Thanks,HuckD

Guest allcott

Assuming you have the space, just copy the contents of both DVD's to the hard drive, and install from there.Allcott

Guest HuckD

Thanks for the suggestion Allcott. Unfortunately it won't work. When the installation gets to the point of needing the first file from dvd #2 it says it cannot find the file. It displays a valid path on the c: drive and I can follow it in Windows Explorer and the file exists but the installation program just won't proceed.I've also tried disconnecting all but one of the dvd drives - no help.I tried to use Disk 1 in D: and Disk 2 in E: and reassining the drive letters from D: to H: and E: to D: when the installation asks for disk 2, but that doesn't work either. Sounds goofy, I know, but I'm trying everything I can think of.Any additional suggestions will be appreciated.HuckD

Guest GCBarni

Do you have any CD copying software, like Alcohol, for example, on your HD? If so, remove it and try installing FSX once more. The other software can then be re-installed later.

>I found a thread titled "FSX Installation Problems" (#1260):>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=1260&page=>>in the Tips forum that solved my problem - finally! I had to>uninstall Nero and Inter Video Launcher. The games loaded and>running fine now.>>Thanks for the responses!>>HuckDYes I had the same problem when I loaded. Then after Microshaft support, accessed my computer remotely they told me to remove 'Inter Video Launcher' also. Problem solved.

Dave Taylor gb.png